WCBS - CBS2 News

Smitha A

Doesn't look like it and if memory serves me correctly believe this is the first time KPIX & KYW have sent anchors to guest host on the talk.

I'm pretty sure Susan Barnett had gone for KYW when she was with the station.

Doesn't look like it and if memory serves me correctly believe this is the first time KPIX & KYW have sent anchors to guest host on the talk.

I'm not sure about KPIX, but KYW sent Ukee in 2013 and 2014, and Kate Bilo was sent in 2015.

I believe this is the second time KPIX sends one of theirs to The Talk. As far as LA not being included, supposedly they were running a contest at the O&O stations where they would fly 2 viewers to see the taping of the show. So i'm assuming they ended up picking 2 winners from each of the cities represented above. So, made no sense including LA when the winners could easily drive to the studio.

• Like 2

Jessica Moore, CBS 2's new weekend evening anchor, debuts today at noon.

[MEDIA=twitter]753742860344823808[/MEDIA]

That's odd. I hope WCBS isn't following the WNBC method of a split noon/weekend anchor shift.

That's odd. I hope WCBS isn't following the WNBC method of a split noon/weekend anchor shift.

It seems like Chris Wragge and Mary Calvi both happen to be off today. Alex Denis and Brian Conybeare anchored this morning.

It seems like Chris Wragge and Mary Calvi both happen to be off today. Alex Denis and Brian Conybeare anchored this morning.

Ah that explains it thanks. Wonder who will fill in for Chris next month when his wife has their baby boy.

• Like 4

How strange it was turning on CBS 2 News at Noon and seeing so many unfamiliar faces: Jessica Moore anchoring the newscast solo and Nicole Mitchell doing the weather. (This was even stranger considering that they sent weekend morning meteorologist Vanessa Murdock outside to report on the heat... They couldn't have used a familiar face to do the weather and maybe a reporter outside?)

This comes as the station seems to be experimenting with a bunch of different new reporters, all female. It makes CBS 2 feel unfamiliar with amateur.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anybody notice that for one shot on Friday's 6pm, Steve Overmyer's L3 was the old one with his name on the white background. Before and after were the current graphics... So I wonder how that old one snuck in.

That usually happens when the chyron operator has a few shots during dinner break. They enter the wrong event number (too drunk) and bring up the old stuff, that they forgot to delete (drunk again) last week when the new graphics arrived.

Too drunk to "preview"...Chyron people are that way.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As someone who has worked with Cindy, I'm very happy to see her get this kind of attention. She is one of the kindest people you will meet and I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever met her has the utmost admiration for her.

• Like 10

As someone who has worked with Cindy, I'm very happy to see her get this kind of attention. She is one of the kindest people you will meet and I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever met her has the utmost admiration for her.

I know Cindy also. She is a nice person who has not committed any felonies. Cindy does not owe me any money, and I have never seen her drunk or shoot anybody.

Cindy is a big supporter of the arts because she has many paintings on her fridge.

I would vote for Cindy for President, but that mean lady and nasty man want to fight all day like my dad and Mom did back when I was a baby.

I would let Cindy sit on my pets if I go on vacation, because she is an excellent pet sitter.

• Like 1