WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

I still find it awkward that FOX5 makes their news anchors control their own teleprompter copy and have the laptops sitting on the news desk.

Even during in studio reporting the reporters are standing behind a table so they can control the teleprompter.

When Anna Gilligan does the entertainment report before 7am she has the controller on her lap.

On the 9am hour of GDNY the table has so much clutter with the TelePrompTer controllers and the two laptops.

I could understand if it was a small market but in NYC?

I agree it is a bit awkward, but they do definitely make it work. I didn't realize Anna Gilligan had one until you said it and I went back and watch it!

However, what I find the most awkward is how they allow Alison Morris to fill in... I just do not get it. I had to turn the news off last night.

I agree it is a bit awkward, but they do definitely make it work. I didn't realize Anna Gilligan had one until you said it and I went back and watch it!

However, what I find the most awkward is how they allow Alison Morris to fill in... I just do not get it. I had to turn the news off last night.

Wasn't she one of the main anchors at the FOX station in CT? If so I'm wondering if that's why they are having her being one of the main fill-ins when one of the regulars is off.

Wasn't she one of the main anchors at the FOX station in CT? If so I'm wondering if that's why they are having her being one of the main fill-ins when one of the regulars is off.

I understand that yes she was one of the main anchors there.... but for the NY Market, when they have quality primary fill ins I have no clue what would be going through the minds of the higher ups over there.

My biggest point is that they have Christina Park who has been the primary fill in anchor for years now... I just hope this Morris girl isn't going to take the next spot that come up over Christina Park... because she should be the primary fill in and next in line.

Like her or not, Allison Morris is quickly becoming the face of FOX 5. She's filling in again with Steve tonight.

I know you are a bit of an expert of sorts... so here goes my question for you... Do you really think so?

I mean, I didn't realize this on Friday when I posted, Christina Park was off this weekend (so she was probably off Friday as well)... and it appears as though her set days off are always Monday and Tuesday (as she can't anchor M-F and her regular weekend. So is it that Alison is really taking over as the primary fill in, do you think?

I really hope not.... Christina is much better and she deserves it based on time put it (not to mention talent)

I know you are a bit of an expert of sorts... so here goes my question for you... Do you really think so?

I mean, I didn't realize this on Friday when I posted, Christina Park was off this weekend (so she was probably off Friday as well)... and it appears as though her set days off are always Monday and Tuesday (as she can't anchor M-F and her regular weekend. So is it that Alison is really taking over as the primary fill in, do you think?

I really hope not.... Christina is much better and she deserves it based on time put it (not to mention talent)

Time put in really means nothing to stations. Look at WNBC ever since Shiba was pulled from the 11 pm newscast, she's the primary fill-in for Sibila on the evening newscasts and Shiba has been there less years then Pat. Meanwhile Pat is hardly ever used as an weeknight anchor fill-in, but is used as a morning fill-in.

I personally don't think Allison is the worst.. Could be better tho.. They have Taresa Priolo, Christina Park, Kerry Drew that they could/should use. However I think we'll see Kerry anchoring Good Day Wake Up until Juliet is back from her injury. Btw did anyone see Allison and Stacy Delikat anchoring together? How'd that go?

Well based on the amount of time Allison has spent anchoring since her debut, it seems like she is one of the primary fill-ins, and when she joined the station, she was specifically assigned to "business reporter/fill-in anchor" and I think when they said that, they meant that she was to be one of the main fill-ins. Now I don't think this is the end of Christina Park filling in at all, it's just that they seem to want to use Allison more often, instead of just using Christina, and I also think that Allison will be filling in more than Christina. But I agree, I do think Christina is a much better anchor than Allison. Also, don't forget about Ernie Anastos. When he's off, Christina Park is the main back-up for him, and will likely remain to be so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting anchor line-ups today: Antwan anchored with Juliet on GDWU and Ben Simmenau anchored with Christina Park today at 5pm. Ben's pretty solid as a hard news anchor, has he ever anchored in the evening before?

I thought the same exact thing... I must add I did really enjoy Christina and Ben... Christina is always so great with everyone she is with, she needs a Mon-Fri spot she is just too good!

I also must add, I wonder what brought on these weird pairings.... Steve Lacy's first "subbing" at night came the week that Dave Price was duped, Greg returned to GDNY and Lacy moved to nights....

They always make me think when they try out these weird pairings, when there would be less weird ones (like keeping Ben/Juliet and using Christina and Kerry or Alison).... Makes me think what may happen.

Also, why is it that Antwan will never sub on Weekday nights?

I thought the same exact thing... I must add I did really enjoy Christina and Ben... Christina is always so great with everyone she is with, she needs a Mon-Fri spot she is just too good!

I also must add, I wonder what brought on these weird pairings.... Steve Lacy's first "subbing" at night came the week that Dave Price was duped, Greg returned to GDNY and Lacy moved to nights....

They always make me think when they try out these weird pairings, when there would be less weird ones (like keeping Ben/Juliet and using Christina and Kerry or Alison).... Makes me think what may happen.

Maybe a 6pm change is coming?

Ben is not made for a morning show. Too stiff of a personality. Maybe as a regular news anchor who does not have to banter back and forth or be up on current trends he'd do better.

Thankfully they did not have that awful Morris anchoring.....