WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Ben and Christina were excellent together on Thursday night. Ben was with Allison on Friday night. They actually weren't too bad together. I don't know why but I think changes are being planned/tested. It's weird that all of a sudden they have him on at night, usually they would have Allison and Christina or one of the other reporters. Interesting to see what might happen.

Ben and Christina were excellent together on Thursday night. Ben was with Allison on Friday night. They actually weren't too bad together. I don't know why but I think changes are being planned/tested. It's weird that all of a sudden they have him on at night, usually they would have Allison and Christina or one of the other reporters. Interesting to see what might happen.

I totally agree, I think changes are being planned/tested. I could definitely see Antwan moving back to Good Day Wake Up, it seems as though everyone there loves him (however, it also seems like everyone loves Ben as well)

All I know is if there are changes, Christina better have in increased role. Based on time, merit, performance, longevity.... she deserves it!!! (obviously I am a huge supporter) especially over Alison.

What I would love (minus Alison - I'd rather see Priolo there) to see happen, and I honestly could see it happening...

GDWU/GDEC: Juliet Huddy/Antwan Lewis

GDNY: Rosanna Scotto/Greg Kelly - I think they have learned not to touch this one (;

5PM: Dari Alexander/Steve Lacy

6PM: Christina Park

10PM: Dari Alexander/Steve Lacy

Weekend: Ben Simmoneau/Alison Morris

I totally agree, I think changes are being planned/tested. I could definitely see Antwan moving back to Good Day Wake Up, it seems as though everyone there loves him (however, it also seems like everyone loves Ben as well)

All I know is if there are changes, Christina better have in increased role. Based on time, merit, performance, longevity.... she deserves it!!! (obviously I am a huge supporter) especially over Alison.

What I would love (minus Alison - I'd rather see Priolo there) to see happen, and I honestly could see it happening...

GDWU/GDEC: Juliet Huddy/Antwan Lewis

GDNY: Rosanna Scotto/Greg Kelly - I think they have learned not to touch this one (;

5PM: Dari Alexander/Steve Lacy

6PM: Christina Park

10PM: Dari Alexander/Steve Lacy

Weekend: Ben Simmoneau/Alison Morris

It think it's mor likely we'd see

GDWU Antwan and Juliet

5pm Steve and Dari

6pm Ben and Allison

10pm Steve and Christina

Weekend Taresa Priolo and Kerry Drew

It think it's mor likely we'd see

GDWU Antwan and Juliet

5pm Steve and Dari

6pm Ben and Allison

10pm Steve and Christina

Weekend Taresa Priolo and Kerry Drew

Actually that looks less likely. No way they go from 3 current weeknight anchors to 5.

I wonder if they're toying with adding any newscasts (weekend mornings or 11pm)?

Actually that looks less likely. No way they go from 3 current weeknight anchors to 5.

I wonder if they're toying with adding any newscasts (weekend mornings or 11pm)?

Agreed. Steve and Dari are basically the brand for Fox 5 as Rossana and Greg are in the Morning. Adding more pairs just confuses the brand.

And with the recent ratings success of Fox 5 News at 10pm, they would be very smart to add an 11pm newscast.

I like Ernie Anastos. And I think the viewers like him too, but I agree with nynewslover, I think he's better with real news rather than the fluff show he's on now. But I don't think giving him the boot would be the smart choice. But if they did, I think PIX could pick him up and team him up with Kaity Tong. But that's just pure speculation at this point.

But on the 11pm newscast front, that's just too much news in my view. If there's breaking news, they can preempt the Big Bang Theory. If they want to add newscasts, they should try weekend mornings or 1pm or 12pm or heck, why not 2pm. Plus, if it's a slow news night, what would they do at 11pm? There are 3 major newscasts on at 11pm, no real reason for WNYW to join the crowd, if they already have a 10pm newscast.

Yeah an 11:00 would be a bit much.. Just wish they'd focus on harder news at 10pm and less human interest. A weekend morning would be the best bet at this time.. Especially if it's like Good Day.. Besides 7 the other stations are a snooze fest on Saturday and Sunday (nothing against the anchors) they could be more lively tho

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Meteorologist Samantha Augeri from News12 Long Island is heading to WNYW as a weather producer and fill-in meteorologist. She was the weekend morning meteorologist as well as the weather producer and primary weekday fill-in at N12LI. Good pickup.

• 5 weeks later...

The Fox 5 newsroom is being renovated, according to a tweet from Teresa Priolo this morning: https://twitter.com/fox5teresa/status/635066407437340672

[ATTACH]1582.IPB[/ATTACH]

As you can see in the photo, the logo is the same one that appears on the new FOX5NY.com website (which is a combination of the older logo with the larger 5 that is still used in some graphics and in the studio, and the newer, simpler Fox 5 logo that appears as the bug during newscasts). I wonder if a new studio and/or graphics are close behind? The current look is a few years old now, and the studio is very dated, with very few updates since its debut in maybe 2006/2007.

image.thumb.jpg.f74f4c6d5bfa4ff5f3425f3af39b7ae5.jpg

• 1 month later...