WABC-TV Eyewitness News Talent Open 2012???

IndyNewsGuy

I've noticed WABC's promos which feature shots of the station's talent. That led me to wonder, are WABC's Talent Opens on their way back? I put together a little something that I THINK we could see in the near future. Enjoy and Leave you thoughts!

Here is the Link to The Video!

Idk but probably at noon.. Thats when they debuted the new graphics this time around... Are the team openings like the one in the link or are they different?

It now goes, "This is, New York's #1 News. Channel 7 Eyewitness News with (name), (name), (name) on sports, and (name) with the exclusive Accu-Weather forecast. (team shot) Now, Eyewitness News at (time).

I saw the 5, 5:30, and 6 pm open, the names are written in one line.

It now goes, "Now, New York's #1 News. Channel 7 Eyewitness News with (name), (name), (name) on sports, and (name) with the exclusive Accu-Weather forecast. (team shot) Now, Eyewitness News at (time).

I saw the 5, 5:30, and 6 pm open, the names are written in one line.

So did my imagination come close to what the New Talent Opens Look Like?

Did anyone notice that in the First at 4, 5:00 and 6:00 opens Lee Goldberg changes..he has a different shirt on in his single shot and in the team shot..everyone else is in the same clothes the entire open..idk if its like this on the 11:00 but its kind of weird..

Did anyone notice that in the First at 4, 5:00 and 6:00 opens Lee Goldberg changes..he has a different shirt on in his single shot and in the team shot..everyone else is in the same clothes the entire open..idk if its like this on the 11:00 but its kind of weird..

Lee has a different tie and Pocket Square to.

Strage that the goof Lee with Liz would make it on the air with out someone noticing them.

It's odd they use a talent open at 5:30pm but not at 4:30pm.

At 5:30pm today they used the non talent open.

For the most part I liked it, but the timing of the music seemed off. I don't really like the shot of the anchors together at the end. Its kind of pointless. They have been doing that for a while now. They should show a picture of the Eyewitness News Van instead like they did from the talent opens from 2004-2007.

• 1 month later...

And the 11PM broadcast still doesn't have an intro, it could be a quick lead in thing too so they could get right into the news.. WABC is the only station in the New York Area that has talent introductions.

Archived