KGTV newsroom remodel and new set coming soon?

A3N

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How underwhelming.

It's ok. A bit simple, but compared to some other newer sets with weird/ugly designs, it's better to have it this way. They could always add to it in the future if they want/need to.

It's ok. A bit simple, but compared to some other newer sets with weird/ugly designs, it's better to have it this way. They could always add to it in the future if they want/need to.

add to it how? by getting rid of that ugly desk and changing the color of the lights? Maybe it'll look fine on air, but something as simple of that, literally, a big wall with color changing thirds at the top and bottom, is again, highly underwhelming to me.

What an ugly desk!

Yes. This.

Obviously, Scripps is incredibly cheap and doesn't know a good set from a bad one. I fear for their higher market stations that are next in line for new set.

add to it how? by getting rid of that ugly desk and changing the color of the lights? Maybe it'll look fine on air, but something as simple of that, literally, a big wall with color changing thirds at the top and bottom, is again, highly underwhelming to me.

Yes. This.

Obviously, Scripps is incredibly cheap and doesn't know a good set from a bad one. I fear for their higher market stations that are next in line for new set.

If this is what KMGH is on the slab to get, I don't want it. Keep the current set! It's fine (comparatively).

KMGH is in freaking market 17. I expect them to have something of much higher quality.

Have you seen what KCNC received? It's nice, but it will get old quickly! I would have loved to have gotten something similar to WSYR!

And I've never been impressed by the KUSA set (too blue), nor the KDVR and KWGN sets (the KDVR OTS/duratran dichotomy is nice, but the slanted screen on the right wall is awful and the weather desk is puny!) I would like to see a Clickspring set somewhere.

Currently, we have (English language only):

• PDG (KUSA)
  • DDG (KMGH and KCNC)
  • FXGroup (KDVR and KWGN)

Was this really a Park Place design? If so, it's underwhelming, and looks more like a poor attempt at mimicking Devlin's own work.

They said the set came from Pittsburgh, and I saw that Park Place Studio was located in Pittsburgh....Unless there's another set maker based there?

They are keeping the old logo and old (2007) ABC logo.

I think they're going with the updated logo, the opens were just tweaked a few weeks ago to include the logo shown in the weather center desk.

Am I the only one who likes the new studio?

It looks better than I initially thought, but I hate that desk with a passion. What is so wrong with desk symmetry these days? The color and design make it look bulky, but adding a wing to the left to match the right would make it a lot better.

Am I the only one who likes the new studio?

Just about yes. I mean it just looks so doggone EMPTY! but I will admit that it matches the graphics wonderfully well.

It looks better than I initially thought, but I hate that desk with a passion. What is so wrong with desk symmetry these days? The color and design make it look bulky, but adding a wing to the left to match the right would make it a lot better.

Yeah and I also hate how apparently that initial shot wasn't even centered. Although I don't know if they were moving in from the left and eventually centered it. If they wanted that wing of the desk there, that's fine, just add it to the other side too for pete's sake!

Just about yes. I mean it just looks so doggone EMPTY! but I will admit that it matches the graphics wonderfully well.

Yeah and I also hate how apparently that initial shot wasn't even centered. Although I don't know if they were moving in from the left and eventually centered it. If they wanted that wing of the desk there, that's fine, just add it to the other side too for pete's sake!

I think that the desk was designed that way because not only is the weather center on the left side, but also it has a desk there as well. So if the main anchor desk was symmetrical, then the weather center desk would not be visible. They also added those arch-type pieces on top recently, which made it look a lot better than what was shown in the earlier pictures. I like it, it could be better but not as bad as some other sets out there.

I think that the desk was designed that way because not only is the weather center on the left side, but also it has a desk there as well. So if the main anchor desk was symmetrical, then the weather center desk would not be visible. They also added those arch-type pieces on top recently, which made it look a lot better than what was shown in the earlier pictures. I like it, it could be better but not as bad as some other sets out there.

hmm yeah that's true, but surely they could've arranged/constructed the weather desk in such a way that you could still view it even if the desk was symmetrical? KSHB does something similar to that at least.

But yeah, I guess it's better than what WPTV has.

Archived