Fox buying Charlotte's WJZY/WMYT

CircleSeven

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the new Fox 46 news will be an hour long on weekdays when it launches?

Since I can't think of a single Fox O&O that doesn't run an hour of news seven days a week... yeah, it will probably be an hour long.

Any new information on whether they will be staying at the current WJZY offices or moving to SPEED Channel?

I sent them a message about it, but there is no reply as of yet.

Any new information on whether they will be staying at the current WJZY offices or moving to SPEED Channel?

Why wouldn't they? To the best of my knowledge SPEED HQ was never fully built out. So, there was/is extra space. And, Fox isn't leaving the facility as FS1 will still have some production there. WJZY/WMYT's facilities are pretty small. Does it even have a studio? I don't know why they would retrofit the current facilities when you have ample space across town. I think it's a fait accompli at this point. If I was wagering a guess the move won't take place until around new years. Or, a month before the start of their first newscast. This gives Fox time to focus on Speed FS1 (Charlotte ops) settling into there new support role. Once that is complete they can turn attention to building a set and newsroom. The month headstart gives them time for testing.

Why wouldn't they? To the best of my knowledge SPEED HQ was never fully built out. So, there was/is extra space. And, Fox isn't leaving the facility as FS1 will still have some production there. WJZY/WMYT's facilities are pretty small. Does it even have a studio? I don't know why they would retrofit the current facilities when you have ample space across town. I think it's a fait accompli at this point. If I was wagering a guess the move won't take place until around new years. Or, a month before the start of their first newscast. This gives Fox time to focus on Speed FS1 (Charlotte ops) settling into there new support role. Once that is complete they can turn attention to building a set and newsroom. The month headstart gives them time for testing.

I agree, I think it's only a matter of time before they make the announcement.

Updated listings are up for July 1 on zap2it and the news produced by WBTV stays at 30 minutes on WJZY. Thought it might go to 35 minutes like it was before. WJZY's current schedule from 11pm-2am moves up 30 minutes followed by another Dish Nation and Law and Order Criminal Intent moves to WMYT at 10.

When their own newscasts launches in January, it will only be a half hour according to Fox 46. They don't have a specific date at this time.

Eventually I imagine it will be an hour but nothing wrong with starting out short.

I messaged them last night on Facebook and I got a reply from two hours ago and they don't have any information at this time

I read on another board where ThisTV will move from 46.3 to 55.2 on June 23, making room for an HD feed on WJZY. The Fox O&O markets where a MyNet affilate is a sister station to the Fox affilate have Movies on the MyNet .2 channel, other Fox-owned markets its on the Fox .2 channel. So you'd think it would be on 55.2 but with 55.2 taken, Movies will presumably go to 46.2. Maybe they have to wait for a contract to expire first.

I read on another board where ThisTV will move from 46.3 to 55.2 on June 23, making room for an HD feed on WJZY. The Fox O&O markets where a MyNet affilate is a sister station to the Fox affilate have Movies on the MyNet .2 channel, other Fox-owned markets its on the Fox .2 channel. So you'd think it would be on 55.2 but with 55.2 taken, Movies will presumably go to 46.2. Maybe they have to wait for a contract to expire first.

I am told at this point that they do not know which subchannel Fox Movies will be moving to.

They may end up putting Movies! on 55.3...or movies on 55.2 and ThisTV on 55.3 Here in Houston, KTXH 20.2 airs Movies! with 20.3 carrying MundoFox (the main MundoFox affiliate here is a very very low power digital multi-caster).

They may end up putting Movies! on 55.3...or movies on 55.2 and ThisTV on 55.3 Here in Houston, KTXH 20.2 airs Movies! with 20.3 carrying MundoFox (the main MundoFox affiliate here is a very very low power digital multi-caster).

Another board speculates Movies! may go on 46.3.

I think Fox 46 might be getting annoyed with all of my questions, but when I asked them if they know if they will stay at their current location or move to SPEED they replied,

"As far as we know, we won't be moving. But that could change. I'm sorry that I don't have more for you. A lot of things are in the planning stages at this point. But stay tuned and we will try to update you as best as we can."

They still haven't updated the program info, "The FOX Charlotte News Team"

Nor the Facebook pages for the Edge and Got Game.

And WJZY hasn't switched their Twitter. They haven't tweeted since April 20. Guess they're just going to wait til the switch.

Archived