Fox buying Charlotte's WJZY/WMYT

CircleSeven

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in Uptown Charlotte today and WJZY is advertising the switch to FOX on the CATS (Charlotte Area Transit System) buses.

I think there is also a billboard along Independence in Matthews. I noticed it at the last minute so I don't know exactly what it said, but it had the Fox Logo in the corner.

I think there is also a billboard along Independence in Matthews. I noticed it at the last minute so I don't know exactly what it said, but it had the Fox Logo in the corner.

Huh. I'll check it out one day.

WJZY now has a nice little countdown to Fox ticker on the new www.myfoxcarolinas.com.

They have now removed all three subchannel logos--Antenna TV, This TV, and the Country Network, from their Wikipedia page.

Looks like WJZY is all set with the launch in 11 days. Any idea of who's who of anchors joining WJZY start-up newscasts in 2014?

I'd like to see Doug Kufner become their main sports anchor. He's currently a weekend guy on WCNC. Very personable on Twitter.

I'd like to see Doug Kufner become their main sports anchor. He's currently a weekend guy on WCNC. Very personable on Twitter.

Considering that they have been hiring employees from other Fox O&O's and WGHP, do you think they might hire internally, from other stations?

Jamie Boll and Christine Noel for Fox 46 News at 10 pm

Don't think Jamie Boll would leave 3. Despite the shuffling at the other stations they've managed to remain relatively stable. Christine Noël JUST took over weekends at WCCB so she's not jumping ship either...at least not for a primetime anchor job...MAYBE when they launch morning news.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see former WSOC anchor Vince Coakley or former WCCB anchor Rebecca Clark turn up on 46...same with former WCCB sports director Bruce Snyder. Some WAGA staffers down at Atlanta may make the move up 85 to Charlotte as well.

Does WJZY still air "Charlotte Now with Mike Collins" and does anyone happen to know if they plan on keeping it or axing it once they flip to Fox?

Yes they still air it as of now, we'll see if they keep it. Haven't heard if it will still be around. No reason why they shouldn't. But could hand it off to WMYT I guess...

Archived