Sinclair...Again

A3N

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/sinclair-names-director-of-news-standards_b88974

Sinclair has named former WTVR news director as their new 'Director of News Standards'

Sinclair promotes 'News Standards'?

Sinclair pratices 'News Standards"? I personally do not believe they practice this kind of procedure folks, sometimes the corporate folks at Sinclair "the incompetent" Broadcasting Group are hallucinating constantly about this.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sinclair pratices 'News Standards"? I personally do not believe they practice this kind of procedure folks, sometimes the corporate folks at Sinclair "the incompetent" Broadcasting Group are hallucinating constantly about this.

Sinclair is ANYTHING but "incompetent." Granite Broadcasting, Young Broadcasting, the GE-led NBC... those are/were incompetent broadcasters.

Sinclair is, simply put, severely delusional with their actions. It does not equal incompetence. It's downright alarming and borderline unethical, but it isn't incompetent.

They are, after all, just playing by the rules that our elected representatives have set forth, for better or worse. None of it is illegal, so there is a less-than-zero chance that anything can stop the inevitable trajectory of disaster and ruin headed their way... which will only be to the detriment of everyone involved.

That has to be asserted amidst the jawboning going on in this thread. No one is defending Sinclair, nor should it be defended... we're all simultaneously playing the roles of both preacher and choir singer.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/sinclair-names-director-of-news-standards_b88974

Sinclair has named former WTVR news director as their new 'Director of News Standards'

Sinclair promotes 'News Standards'?

If they give him an office that's not in the basement and a trusty red Swingline stapler for his to keep, I will be genuinely shocked.

Sinclair is ANYTHING but "incompetent." Granite Broadcasting, Young Broadcasting, the GE-led NBC... those are/were incompetent broadcasters.

Sinclair is, simply put, severely delusional with their actions. It does not equal incompetence. It's downright alarming and borderline unethical, but it isn't incompetent.

They are, after all, just playing by the rules that our elected representatives have set forth, for better or worse. None of it is illegal, so there is a less-than-zero chance that anything can stop the inevitable trajectory of disaster and ruin headed their way... which will only be to the detriment of everyone involved.

That has to be asserted amidst the jawboning going on in this thread. No one is defending Sinclair, nor should it be defended... we're all simultaneously playing the roles of both preacher and choir singer.

okay, let me rephrase it better to suit everyone, Sinclair is not incompetent, they are a hallucinating and delusional broadcasting company!

okay, let me rephrase it better to suit everyone, Sinclair is not incompetent, they are a hallucinating and delusional broadcasting company!

Here, here!

Now where did I put my sword...*feels pockets* It must be in my other pants.

Here, here!

Now where did I put my sword...*feels pockets* It must be in my other pants.

Well, I hope that you are not going to use that sword on me, after I said "Sinclair is not incompetent, they are hallucinating and delusional broadcasting company" are you? It depends on how Sinclair wants to abuse its handy JSA/SSA partners.

The big newspaper in my area, The Altoona Mirror ran a story in March about WJAC getting purchased. I just found this... enjoy.

Kevin Hayes, WJAC vice president and general manager, said he doesn't anticipate any significant changes at the station, which has been owned by Cox since 2000.

"I don't think there will be any major changes. The WJAC brand is very strong, and no one bought it to tear it down. The team at WJAC has always done a good job," Hayes said. "We have a full staff of about 68, I don't anticipate losing any head count."

Over the past 18 months, Sinclair has led the industry's consolidation efforts in the mid-sized markets, purchasing 30 TV stations and creating more than $400 million of equity value, said David Smith, Sinclair president and CEO, in a press release.

"We believe there are many more opportunities to acquire quality assets and to unlock hidden value, including in the smaller markets, such as where the CMG stations operate. We believe our platform size and leadership position allow us to bring meaningful purchasing power and negotiating leverage to these stations," Smith said in a statement.

I see your GE-era NBC and I raise you a Tisch-era CBS (I don't think their major market O&O's ever recovered)! Plus, I haven't seen Comcast do any better with the NBC O&O's (programming those super-cheap Byron Allen court shows in daytime was a mistake).

The big newspaper in my area, The Altoona Mirror ran a story in March about WJAC getting purchased. I just found this... enjoy.

Translation: "They seem to be nice people when you first meet them." Let's see how he feels after the honeymoon ends.

Kevin Hayes, WJAC vice president and general manager, said he doesn't anticipate any significant changes at the station, which has been owned by Cox since 2000.

"I don't think there will be any major changes. The WJAC brand is very strong, and no one bought it to tear it down. The team at WJAC has always done a good job," Hayes said. "We have a full staff of about 68, I don't anticipate losing any head count."

Over the past 18 months, Sinclair has led the industry's consolidation efforts in the mid-sized markets, purchasing 30 TV stations and creating more than $400 million of equity value, said David Smith, Sinclair president and CEO, in a press release.

"We believe there are many more opportunities to acquire quality assets and to unlock hidden value, including in the smaller markets, such as where the CMG stations operate. We believe our platform size and leadership position allow us to bring meaningful purchasing power and negotiating leverage to these stations," Smith said in a statement.

He said as he was handed a box full of junk off his desk and shown the door by his replacement, the lead evening anchor.

I see your GE-era NBC and I raise you a Tisch-era CBS (I don't think their major market O&O's ever recovered)! Plus, I haven't seen Comcast do any better with the NBC O&O's (programming those super-cheap Byron Allen court shows in daytime was a mistake).

In deference to Comcast, they have invested into the news departments of the O&Os, something that GE never did.. It's just the non-network and network programming that is still a glaring weakness.

CBS has to be kicking themselves to this day for Tisch's regime letting go of KMOX-TV.

I'm not all that well-versed in this...what did KMOX-TV bring to CBS's O&O group? I know it was the only CBS O&O that wasn't located in what is now a top-ten market (I don't think St. Louis was a top-ten market even by the time they sold the station off).

"We believe there are many more opportunities to acquire quality assets and to unlock hidden value, including in the smaller markets, such as where the CMG stations operate. We believe our platform size and leadership position allow us to bring meaningful purchasing power and negotiating leverage to these stations," Smith said in a statement."

Ummm...lets see I've seen reports of layoffs of Nexstar's acquisitions in Salt Lake City, so don't have pre conceived notions on what's ahead because Nexstar has outsourced most of its traffic and master control functions to another city.

He said as he was handed a box full of junk off his desk and shown the door by his replacement, the lead evening anchor.

YEP! that would sound correct, now if you'll excuse me, where's my sword and my Tom Wolfe novel, back to blood.... hmmm it must be in my other pants.

"We believe there are many more opportunities to acquire quality assets and to unlock hidden value, including in the smaller markets, such as where the CMG stations operate. We believe our platform size and leadership position allow us to bring meaningful purchasing power and negotiating leverage to these stations," Smith said in a statement."

Ummm...lets see I've seen reports of layoffs of Nexstar's acquisitions in Salt Lake City, so don't have pre conceived notions on what's ahead because Nexstar has outsourced most of its traffic and master control functions to another city.

YEP! that would sound correct, now if you'll excuse me, where's my sword and my Tom Wolfe novel, back to blood.... hmmm it must be in my other pants.

I know this is correct because something similar happened to the former ND, Trip Uhalt, at KXRM!

I know this is correct because something similar happened to the former ND, Trip Uhalt, at KXRM!

It does sound correct, Friend! we are waiting for the verdict on the Barrington Station Group because they are right now having their "last supper" (broadcasting group style) and they go out and get betrayed by Sinclair "hallucinating and delusional" Broadcasting Group and Howard Stirk Holdings and Cunningham Broadcasting. I am imagining after that its going to be one Dysfuntional Family!

Now, where's my sword and my Tom Wolfe novel? I would like to read Back to Blood! :)

I'm not all that well-versed in this...what did KMOX-TV bring to CBS's O&O group? I know it was the only CBS O&O that wasn't located in what is now a top-ten market (I don't think St. Louis was a top-ten market even by the time they sold the station off).

CBS sold KMOX-TV to help recoup the legal expenses incurred from trying to fend of Ted Turner's hostile takeover attempt of the network (which Ted instigated after Tisch was appointed as Paley's successor).

The following owner, Viacom, transformed the former O&O into a station that preempted prime time shows left and right, and failed to carry a sizable percentage of network programming outright. By all accounts it was a disaster.

I hope that WPEC in West Palm Beach starts having the Sinclair graphics and music package during the fall of 2013.

I just checked their graphics out. That would be like taking a Picasso and replacing it with a Kindergarten art project.

I hope that WPEC in West Palm Beach starts having the Sinclair graphics and music package during the fall of 2013.

I think that Sinclair has way too many mandates that include the 'Daily News' news music package and graphics that are going up and down in a direction.

Well, I hope that you are not going to use that sword on me, after I said "Sinclair is not incompetent, they are hallucinating and delusional broadcasting company" are you? It depends on how Sinclair wants to abuse its handy JSA/SSA partners.

The point is that I'm hallucinating that I can fit a sword in my pants. Now if you excuse me, I have a leopard in bondage in my closet.

The point is that I'm hallucinating that I can fit a sword in my pants. Now if you excuse me, I have a leopard in bondage in my closet.

lol, leopard in bondage! now if you excuse me, I have an British Sitcom to watch.

Archived