Sinclair...Again

A3N

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New FCC Approval.

Within the last couple of hours, the FCC greenlighted the Assignment of License of WUTB from Fox Television Stations to Deerfield Media. It was filed on November 29.

Upon Consummation, Sinclair will finally get the triopoly they wanted on their home field. And it was over 50 weeks ago (May 15, 2012 to be exact) since they announced that deal to Fox to hand them Sinclair stations in the four markets just to get Fox's WUTB (along with the new Fox affiliate carriage agreement, which Sinclair paid the remaining $24M last month). Fox didn't get any of the Sinclair stations (after each of the Fox affils in those markets reached deals to keep their affils there), but Sinclair obviously wanted WUTB.

The only losers of this is Capitol. Yes they'd kept WRAZ in Raleigh, but they had to sacrifice WJZY/WMYT to Fox as a result. So it was a win-win for Fox either way.

So the next greenlight they're sitting & waiting on is the big-little one Barrington stations. They have to wait a bit longer on the Fisher cluster.

I still like to know is Howard Stirk Holdings,LLC a shell corporation or a real broadcasting corporation? if so how??

It all depends on how you look at it. If Armstrong "Uncle Tom" Williams is working hard with "Massa" David Smith, then its hard not to call it a shell corporation. But it's more of a "proxy company", since its connected to Sinclair. Just like Cunningham & Deerfield. Those are self-explanatory.

From this paperwork, posted within the last half an hour, it appears that Sinclair's shell Cunningham Broadcasting will acquire KDBC from Titan Broadcast Group for $21 mil. Just as how confusing this is in El Paso, It appears that KDBC will continue its JSA with ComCorp station, KTSM. Now Nexstar is poised to acquire the ComCorp stations, and Sinclair is acquiring KFOX from Cox. Let see how this goes.

From this article from the El Paso Times, KFOX ND Elizabeth O'Hara stated they are at a process of acquiring KDBC and they will both move into a new building in 2014. I hope that holds true. But that doesn't explain about the current JSA/SSA agreement between KDBC & Soon-to-be Nexstar owned KTSM.

Should KFOX/KDBC move to is own building, will KTSM move to its own building or keep the same building they already have? Some unanswered questions.

From this ]article from the El Paso Times, KFOX ND Elizabeth O'Hara stated they are at a process of acquiring KDBC and they will both move into a new building in 2014. I hope that holds true. But that doesn't explain about the current JSA/SSA agreement between KDBC & Soon-to-be Nexstar owned KTSM.

Should KFOX/KDBC move to is own building, will KTSM move to its own building or keep the same building they already have? Some unanswered questions.

I wonder what those unanswered questions would look like?? I would physically like to see the documentation on how the brand new SSA/JSA agreement besides the one they have with KTSM (soon to be owned and operated by Nexstar) or they are drawing up an brand new one? That's two of my unanswered questions.

From this ]article from the El Paso Times, KFOX ND Elizabeth O'Hara stated they are at a process of acquiring KDBC and they will both move into a new building in 2014. I hope that holds true. But that doesn't explain about the current JSA/SSA agreement between KDBC & Soon-to-be Nexstar owned KTSM.

I wonder what those unanswered questions would look like?? I would physically like to see the documentation on how the brand new SSA/JSA agreement besides the one they have with KTSM (soon to be owned and operated by Nexstar) or they are drawing up an brand new one? That's two of my unanswered questions.

CBS sold KMOX-TV to help recoup the legal expenses incurred from trying to fend of Ted Turner's hostile takeover attempt of the network (which Ted instigated after Tisch was appointed as Paley's successor).

The following owner, Viacom, transformed the former O&O into a station that preempted prime time shows left and right, and failed to carry a sizable percentage of network programming outright. By all accounts it was a disaster.

Yep, and Belo has had their hands on KMOV since 1997. CBS should have intervened in the late 1990s and reacquired it so that they would had their "baby" back and synergized it around clear channel AM, KMOX.

Can you delete this post? I clicked on the thing twice?

Who me? I posted twice this morning and still can't figure out which one to delete? I only posted one and that is regarding the Brand New JSA/SSA agreement besides the one they have have with KTSM, etc.

Can you delete this post? I clicked on the thing twice?

Who me? I posted twice this morning and still can't figure out which one to delete? I only posted one and that is regarding the Brand New JSA/SSA agreement besides the one they have have with KTSM, etc.

No, I was referring to one of the forum Admin/Moderator.

Okay, So, the Federal Trade Commission grants an 'early termination', which means it clears Fisher to proceed with the sale of its assets to Sinclair. It states that it doesn't have any antitrust issues, and has no reason to set certain conditions or to block the sale. The FCC still has to greenlight the sale. This is not good news for the stockholders who wanted to see the sale halted.

Sinclair's presence is imminent in central PA. WWCP and WATM are in HD. Their WJAC-produced newscasts have new updates like graphics and music. WJAC is still the same. Yes, the skips and stops in this video were there live last night. Can anyone identify this music package?

http://fox8tv.com/video/newscast.asp

Sinclair's presence is imminent in central PA. WWCP and WATM are in HD. Their WJAC-produced newscasts have new updates like graphics and music. WJAC is still the same. Yes, the skips and stops in this video were there live last night. Can anyone identify this music package?

http://fox8tv.com/video/newscast.asp

That's Non-Stop Music's Platinum News. KSL used it the mid-2000s. Even though WWCP/WATM probably share its facilities for news with WJAC, I don't think Sinclair has anything to do with the 8/23 upgrades. It's just that Peak Media probably have deep pockets. If that was the case, then WWCP/WATM would've been in HD at the same time WJAC implemented its HD broadcast.

EDIT: After looking at the closing of the vid, the copyright was Sinclair then Copyright 2013. SMH. I seriously thought Peak Media is doing their own In-house thing.

That's Non-Stop Music's Platinum News. KSL used it the mid-2000s. Even though WWCP/WATM probably share its facilities for news with WJAC, I don't think Sinclair has anything to do with the 8/23 upgrades. It's just that Peak Media probably have deep pockets. If that was the case, then WWCP/WATM would've been in HD at the same time WJAC implemented its HD broadcast.

EDIT: After looking at the closing of the vid, the copyright was Sinclair then Copyright 2013. SMH. I seriously thought Peak Media is doing their own In-house thing.

Peak was bought out by Horseshoe Curve Communications at the end of 2011. Peak isn't really even around anymore. The only thing that is done in the 8/23 office is making sure they're still on the air. WJAC does all the news updates and news programs, etc.

On a related note... look at this.

http://abc23.com/Video/video.asp?VideoID=9210

Peak was bought out by Horseshoe Curve Communications at the end of 2011. Peak isn't really even around anymore. The only thing that is done in the 8/23 office is making sure they're still on the air. WJAC does all the news updates and news programs, etc.

On a related note... look at this.

http://abc23.com/Video/video.asp?VideoID=9210

What do you mean by the following statement "the only thing that is done in the channel 8 and channel 23 office is making sure they are still on the air." are they planning on going off the air if they don't generate any advertisements to keep the station alive? if so elaborate please!

I could design a better logo and get it approved by ABC Creative Services (as ABC affiliation contracts now require).

That would be a smart idea and add on the channel number near the ABCfor example: 49 ABC (KTKA-TV, Topeka Kansas)

would it require a glass ball to go with it?

Archived