The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Considering Tracy had been on the job since 4:30 (c'mon, we all know it's much earlier than that for the weathercasters), and Jerry has to stick around til 10:35 (though maybe earlier since he's not at the desk to close on the temp set), it makes sense to have Cheryl fill the afternoon slot. She also did the forecast on the noon webcast, which usually has a pre-recorded summary by Tracy.

Considering Tracy had been on the job since 4:30 (c'mon, we all know it's much earlier than that for the weathercasters), and Jerry has to stick around til 10:35 (though maybe earlier since he's not at the desk to close on the temp set), it makes sense to have Cheryl fill the afternoon slot. She also did the forecast on the noon webcast, which usually has a pre-recorded summary by Tracy.

They aren't doing a full shot for the close?

The Sunday 5 o'clock news closed on a full shot, so it is possible, and one of the 6 o'clocks closed with the anchors and sportscaster, but generally, no.

I wonder if it's a little awkward to try to do a full close on the temp set? You noted that it can be done but maybe not as well as somebody would like? Interesting to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's directorial and personality preference. The closes I mentioned occurred immediately following sports, with no commercial or final story in-between, so it was likely easier given the camera angle set-up. That reminds me, though, I'm pretty sure they're only working with two cameras. Not that that's an excuse, but it does force different practices, like this weird angle with the super-sexy recycle bin...

bb6f737e-5988-4d42-aeaf-c88329fcf2c5_zpsofcb672t.png

And here's the full shot. It's not entirely attractive, but it's serviceable...

bandicam202015-08-162017-29-38-773_zpsegjcxyvc.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if it's directorial and personality preference. The closes I mentioned occurred immediately following sports, with no commercial or final story in-between, so it was likely easier given the camera angle set-up. That reminds me, though, I'm pretty sure they're only working with two cameras. Not that that's an excuse, but it does force different practices, like this weird angle with the super-sexy recycle bin...

bb6f737e-5988-4d42-aeaf-c88329fcf2c5_zpsofcb672t.png

And here's the full shot. It's not entirely attractive, but it's serviceable...

bandicam202015-08-162017-29-38-773_zpsegjcxyvc.jpg

Is Phil standing in that second shot?

Yes. I know for a fact that Phil is not short, and not that much different in height compared to Cheryl or Jerry, but somehow Schwarz standing at the desk isn't as much of an eyesore and major height difference as when Jerry was next to Kathy on Friday night.

magers%20brock%20taft%205_zpsqmwvxgir.png

Yes. I know for a fact that Phil is not short, and not that much different in height compared to Cheryl or Jerry, but somehow Schwarz standing at the desk isn't as much of an eyesore and major height difference as when Jerry was next to Kathy on Friday night.

magers%20brock%20taft%205_zpsqmwvxgir.png

They must be REALLY low to the ground at that desk. I don't think Jerry is much past 6 foot.

They're on something resembling the old set at 4.

I have no idea what's going on.

It'll be interesting to see if they do something to make it look a little less silly in the interim... It makes Jerry look 12 feet tall..

Well, this is disappointing...or this is one hell of a long-term temp set, but I have a feeling not.

Blue lighting has been installed across the desk, the monitors have been upgraded, some other lighting's been changed, but that's about it.

Oh lord... A tornado warning and Cheryl's on.

And mumbling... Stumbling... Picking the wrong words and generally doing the same crappy job whenever she gets in an off the cuff situation. They've made a bad choice of horse to hitch their wagon too...
  • Like 1