The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 1:04 PM, cpet228 said:

I believe I had her speak at a class when I went to Columbia College years ago.  Always on top of things in the morning.

Any rumors/speculation on her replacement yet?  Will ABC7 hire from the outside?  Or will Diane Pathieu get it, since she seems to be the primary fill-in already?

Diane is obviously the internal candidate, but as is standard procedure, there is still an open job listing online.

bandicam2024-04-0311-48-18-214.thumb.png.bfdfc2dab4271debc8336d061f6de44c.png

Meanwhile, the first half of the week has been a celebration of the morning newscast's 35 years, and there have been some special guests along the way. Earlier, media manager and apparent news nerd David Fell joined the show to talk about a lot of station history.

Wednesday (today) was the official anniversary, so some familiar faces made their return between 6 & 8am. The Gray Beards, as I called them to a friend, reminisced about the old days, and Judy Hsu pre-taped a retrospective segment.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 2

Wow never seen a big market station celebrate a morning show anniversary that’s uniquely Chicago. I think it’s great I don’t recall lots of stations marking anniversaries of news expansions, I see them on Univisión and Telemundo stations but not English language.

Posted (edited)

Oh, and that one logo wipe was used at a Ratner-VO'd rejoin, in place of the reopens, this morning.

Edited by 24994J

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 1:04 PM, cpet228 said:

Will ABC7 hire from the outside?  Or will Diane Pathieu get it, since she seems to be the primary fill-in already?

Last week Diane said she applied for the job as everyone else has so they are looking at people outside as well since it's standard protocol, that on-air talent within the station apply for the vacant position.

Edited by R.R.
Typo