The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

He wasn't on for a few weeks, so I checked him out social media, and it seems like he went in for some abdominal pain around the 20th of June, which led to exploratory surgery. He came home just after Independence Day.

And who filled in for Cheryl Scott since she is on vacation in Hawaii

Phil takes the 5 and the 7 (from Larry), while Larry takes the 10. Standard procedure, now.

Feder mentioned Hosea's surgery on this, the anchor's 61st birthday.

https://www.robertfeder.com/2018/07/12/robservations-abc-7s-hosea-sanders-recovering-abdominal-surgery/

Update: They wished him a happy birthday on the 4 o'clock news, saying that the surgery was related to his previous cancer treatment.

• Like 1

Nothing new, but there will be another 9pm Cubs telecast on the Circle 7 this Saturday night. The real surprise comes in how they're handling the primetime preemptions. Because ABC is running a 2-hour documentary from 8-10, the "late" news will air at 8pm that night. As far as I know, that is a first. I'd assume the network show will air immediately following the game, unless they have something else up their sleeve.

http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/program-note-revised-programming-lineup-for-saturday-july-14--for-cubs-game/3753209/

• Like 1

Nothing new, but there will be another 9pm Cubs telecast on the Circle 7 this Saturday night. The real surprise comes in how they're handling the primetime preemptions. Because ABC is running a 2-hour documentary from 8-10, the "late" news will air at 8pm that night. As far as I know, that is a first. I'd assume the network show will air immediately following the game, unless they have something else up their sleeve.

http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/program-note-revised-programming-lineup-for-saturday-july-14--for-cubs-game/3753209/

Smart move. Saturday nights are a wasteland anyway and airing the news at 8 won’t cause anchor fatigue. WGN has aired news at 8 before late night Cubs and Sox games ever since they went back to independence.

• Like 2

They mentioned it at 5, they all had a fun moment, and that was it. You clearly don't like her, so why do you care?

Lmao she's ok but you should see the Facebook comments some woman was screaming put some clothes on etc

• Like 1

Lmao she's ok but you should see the Facebook comments some woman was screaming put some clothes on etc

People either love her or hate her. There is very little to no grey area when it comes to people's opinion of her.

How would you guys rate the weekend team? I like both Marks, but Stacey is annoying and too perky.

I don't really have a prob with Stacey, she's an ok Weekend morning anchor but sometimes she makes anchoring the news seem too positive and negative. Plus I have her autograph photo she sent to me framed and hung up on my wall

I don't really have a prob with Stacey, she's an ok Weekend morning anchor but sometimes she makes anchoring the news seem too positive and negative. Plus I have her autograph photo she sent to me framed and hung up on my wall

Maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic, but i've seen other annoying anchors, "cough cough" Suki "cough cough".

• Like 1

By my count Rivera is only 28 (went to school with my best friend's wife, same grad class). He seems to be on a good track. One thing I picked up on in the last few months are his mannerisms. Dead ringer for Krashesky.

As for Stacey, I agree that she's a little extreme in her light and serious delivery, but I think she does the former better than Jordan and the latter better than Burton.

By my count Rivera is only 28 (went to school with my best friend's wife, same grad class). He seems to be on a good track. One thing I picked up on in the last few months are his mannerisms. Dead ringer for Krashesky.

As for Stacey, I agree that she's a little extreme in her light and serious delivery, but I think she does the former better than Jordan and the latter better than Burton.

Alan might be in the dead ringer because of Kathy's departure from ABC 7. Besides he's worked alongside 4 women co-anchors in the last 28/35 years and his consecutive one was KB it could be a probable cause

So his delivery is a bit stilted with some body gyrations?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...