ABC's America This Morning get GMA's L3s

Action Newsroom

I just tuned into America This Morning this morning and noticed that it has the same L3s as Good Morning America. They are darker in shade and don't have the Times Square Studios sign swerve that GMA's does. And the ABC logo isn't glossy or bright; it's more smokey with a blue shade inside and less 3D.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And speaking of this version of the ABC logo, I have recently noticed this in print ads and online if I'm lucky. One example is in an ad for the 50th anniversary celebration of General Hospital and for the logo of the new Nightline special Two Truths and a Lie. Is this something gradual or are we expecting a new ABC logo look? What do you think?

That's the new ABC logo that we actually thought might debut this (2012-13) season, but should see the light of day by this fall.

This site has it plastered all over...if used correctly it may look good, seeing as the current model was rarely used well.

http://abcallaccess.com/

Here's a few examples of how it'll be used...

abc2013promo_zps417e978c.png

I don't know why they can't just use a 2D logo more prominently, like they used to.

The problem with the current logo is that it only looks good in motion...at least, in the animations made by Troika. In places like the current World News open, it's a problem; it's not animated correctly.

And gradient-y logos are kind of cheesy.

I would be a lot happy if they bring back the

. But that will never happen.......

But now the new ATM graphics is now inconsistent with the WNN graphics. They might as well redo the WNN graphics too. I wouldn't mind seeing the time & temp bug on there.

That's the new ABC logo that we actually thought might debut this (2012-13) season, but should see the light of day by this fall.

The 'News' design is already being used by WFAA for their open, so I think they'll match.

(

)

Will affiliates have a choice of variants? I hope they aren't forced to use the variant with the gold gradient (which seems to be the default version judging by its repeated use on the ABC All Access website). That wouldn't go with WMUR's logo at all.

IDK why they don't go back to using this version of the logo. It looks dimensional with a lot less gradient.

ABC_ID_2002_green_Troika.jpg

Will affiliates have a choice of variants? I hope they aren't forced to use the variant with the gold gradient (which seems to be the default version judging by its repeated use on the ABC All Access website). That wouldn't go with WMUR's logo at all.

The affiliates seem to be going with blue-hued news variant seen above, but the all-black version is a possibility, too (gray-gradient, if you prefer).

This site has it plastered all over...if used correctly it may look good, seeing as the current model was rarely used well.

http://abcallaccess.com/

Here's a few examples of how it'll be used...

Wow. That's going to be my new wallpaper.

Anyway, if used well or at least consistently, these logos will be seen for a long time.

I also noticed that WABC used it a liitle bit during 'EWN this morning.'

Hold on a little bit of what? The station now has updated the logo with the new ABC logo. And it looks like back last December, Channel 30 in Central Cali did the same thing. I hate how it looks. It looks like it ABC logo overpowers the 30 logo.

551436_10151421908491482_1594241501_n.jpg

Well, I know that (most of) the other Hearst ABC stations have switched, so I'd assume KMBC would be coming up soon, but do they even use the ABC logo in their branding?

As far as others, I know the Scripps stations have made the change, as well as WFAA in Dallas (therefore I'd guess whatever other Belo stations have, too).

Within the Disney ranks, KABC, KGO, KFSN and WABC have made the switch. I couldn't tell you about WTVD or KTRK, and I haven't noticed anything on WPVI. As for WLS, they might be one of the last to switch...they only switched to the 2007 model last year. :bang:

Well, I know that (most of) the other Hearst ABC stations have switched, so I'd assume KMBC would be coming up soon, but do they even use the ABC logo in their branding?

As far as others, I know the Scripps stations have made the change, as well as WFAA in Dallas (therefore I'd guess whatever other Belo stations have, too).

Within the Disney ranks, KABC, KGO, KFSN and WABC have made the switch. I couldn't tell you about WTVD or KTRK, and I haven't noticed anything on WPVI. As for WLS, they might be one of the last to switch...they only switched to the 2007 model last year. :bang:

KMBC uses KMBC 9 News for its newscasts! it does not add the abc logo on there at all, it only uses that particular glass ball one as its mandated station identification on the top of each hour and half hour.

They've also added a "#GMA" hashtag below the weather/time bug that changes to "goodmorningamerica.com" every 10 seconds. Too much going on in that area with the GMA and ABC logo doing the exact same thing every few seconds or so right above.

Archived