WPIX Newsroom and Studio set for major overhaul

dabx

Any other time we could throw out the 'lipstick on a pig' argument, but I think we can all agree that the WPIX studio and such is a big part of their problem. It's a start, but there's still a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

WJAC got the SAME studio around 2011. It was a major improvement for WJAC. Frankly, I really like WPXI's studio. It's simple, but impressive... maybe not for Pittsburgh, but I still like it. I'm excited to see how the new one will look, though.

WPIX.

New York.

WPIX.

New York.

Eleven, Eleven AALLLLLLLLLLIVE!!! LOL. Okay this is going no where. At one point, I thought 24994J was imitating Ralph Lowenstein.

Okay, back on topic. If they would've never got rid of

, and brought Bill Carey to the fold, and messed with the talent at the time, we probably would not be talking about how awful they are now. I swear it. They've basically handed most of their chips to Fox 5. So even if they get their new set done, it's going to take a miracle to get their content straight, so they can get their viewers again. But it will be a very hard sell pulling folks away, as Fox 5 continues to clobber their asses.

Larry Wert needs to go to Channel 11 and do his homework and find a proper GM & ND to run the station, and get somebody that won't half-ass any thing. We don't need no more jokes running it further to the ground. But like I said, it's going to take a miracle.

Dead serious...am I missing something? Did I make an unintentional reference?

Listen to the #2 of MCTYW on NMSA. That's what I was referring to. The one that said the ID before the open. When you posted "WPIX. New York, I'd immediately thought of that ID. I knew you meant that the other poster confused himself with that Pittsburgh station, which happens to have similar calls and same channel number and a nearly similar Circle 11 logo. So no harm done. I hope that doesn't confuse you.

Watching the link above regarding the old WPIX set, referenced the WB to CW video:

Anyway, at the start of the new "CW11 News at 10", to quote the anchor: "... but one thing will remain the same. The award winning newscast you've come to know and trust like this one..."

Obviously they changed!

J

Watching the link above regarding the old WPIX set, referenced the WB to CW video:

Anyway, at the start of the new "CW11 News at 10", to quote the anchor: "... but one thing will remain the same. The award winning newscast you've come to know and trust like this one..."

Obviously they changed!

J

That's what I'd said before, it they would've never got rid of that set that quick, and meddle with the talent, we would've probably not be talking about their offsprings. I had a bad feeling, when they changed that set to a more smaller looking thing, it would lead to many problems. And to tell you the truth, that one was their best set, truth be told. That new (current) set looked like it was cookie-cluttered. I never did liked that to begin with.

• 4 months later...

Seems the studio remodel is going at the same pace as Linda moving to weekends.

Is their any confirmed report of Linda moving to weekends? Or was that just speculation? I know there was a confirmed report that WPIX will be getting a new studio, but no article of Linda moving to weekends. If she does move to weekends, I hope that doesn't lead to the termination of Craig Allen. He's one of the most accurate forecasters. I hope he takes Mr. G's spot if Linda moves to weekends.

Is their any confirmed report of Linda moving to weekends? Or was that just speculation? I know there was a confirmed report that WPIX will be getting a new studio, but no article of Linda moving to weekends. If she does move to weekends, I hope that doesn't lead to the termination of Craig Allen. He's one of the most accurate forecasters. I hope he takes Mr. G's spot if Linda moves to weekends.

It's a running joke. Started several years ago, it has evolved over time into kind of a parody thread...

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?/topic/1197-linda-church-moving-to-weekends/

• 2 months later...

Finally there's indications that WPIX is finally redoing their studio. First of all, as one TVNT member noted, the anchors were either standing up or at a different desk this AM. Also, Tamsen and Scott are back at the regular desk at 5pm tonight, but no real changes. However, you can hear a bit of an echo in the studio, or you can tell by the tone quality of the voice that the studio seems empty. Also, you can tell that they are very cluttered together at the main desk. Finally some encouraging news. Now in the article, it says 'no word yet if WPIX plans on overhauling their set'. The article also says that WPIX will redo portions of the 2nd floor of the daily news building. So if they are going to redo the floor, I guess that means they will also redo their set. Or Let's hope. And that tweet Richard Graziano or Tamsen Fadal (according to Jerry Barmash's recent article, Tamsen controls Richard's account) sent out to NYNewsObserver was encouraging, with a 'hmmmm' and a :) icon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that was taken at WCBS 880... the only thing visible is a column and ductwork that matches what is seen here: http://www.vthreestudios.com/wp-content/uploads/WCBS_09_12_02.jpg

Yeah I realized that was actually the wrong link, but I think that picture that I gave you was from WCBS FM? I don't know if WCBS 880 and WCBS FM share the same newsroom, but I know Mr. G works at WCBS FM, not WCBS 880.

Anyways, back on topic. I think this link should work (http://instagram.com/p/n832ZRLXEn/). If it doesn't then just scroll around their instagram page (http://instagram.com/pix11news) and find the picture with Mr. G standing next to the weather producer or whoever that is (Maybe the infamous Andrew Cruise he always mentions on air?) Anyway, you can see the construction being done in the back of the photo.

Archived