New Graphics For PIX 11?

NYNewsCoverage

Here's some of the music cues. I was unable to get the full version but I got as much as possible. I will try to get the full transition ASAP. Meanwhile here's the link: I have two of the new transitions, one of them is the "new at ten" transition and the other is the 5pm rejoin cue.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-pf52qDZA399h2ipqq8mEg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

PIX used a very different open today at 5. Instead of previewing the stories, they used the new transition with just the plain "PIX 11 News" logo on it, that they've been using for rejoins with no voice-over. And Scott was off tonight. Tamsen just said "Hi I'm Tamsen Fadal here are your top stories tonight" almost as if they were rushing the news. I thought maybe a met game was starting or something, but no. Just a very cold open, and I hope the new opens aren't like this at all.

The morning opens aren't too bad.. They have the v/o saying "Live from NY this is the PIX11 morning news with (anchors names) usually with a live shot of the city with the logo appearing on screen then a shot in the studio.. The background music is usually a song not news theme.. I wish they'd use a news theme for all opens but it's PIX

Noticed the new graphics tonight at 10. Everything else was worse than ever. Tamsen was by herself, and they've pretty much forgotten there's actually a whole world outside of the precious 5 boroughs. Turned it off after 15 minutes of listening to nothing but NYC stories. The lead story, mice in a "cronut" shop. :ack: How this station stays in business, I dunno, but the FCC needs to yank their license.

Noticed the new graphics tonight at 10. Everything else was worse than ever. Tamsen was by herself, and they've pretty much forgotten there's actually a whole world outside of the precious 5 boroughs. Turned it off after 15 minutes of listening to nothing but NYC stories. The lead story, mice in a "cronut" shop. :ack: How this station stays in business, I dunno, but the FCC needs to yank their license.

I could look it up but what is a cronut? PIX sounds like it was ran into the ground and what's left is the tombstone like in a cartoon.

I could look it up but what is a cronut? PIX sounds like it was ran into the ground and what's left is the tombstone like in a cartoon.

Doughnut made of croissant dough, then stuffed with a pastry custard.

It should be the top story every night, dammit.

It's sad because PIX has a lot of potential. Their reporter line up is actually pretty good. The early(4-6) morning show isn't horrible... And the evening has potential. You gotta remember it starts at the top. The anchors and reporters are doing what they're told. So it's not fair to blame anyone on camera for the poor ratings. They gotta bring in someone who knows their stuff and if they don't like what they see then change it.

It's sad because PIX has a lot of potential. Their reporter line up is actually pretty good. The early(4-6) morning show isn't horrible... And the evening has potential. You gotta remember it starts at the top. The anchors and reporters are doing what they're told. So it's not fair to blame anyone on camera for the poor ratings. They gotta bring in someone who knows their stuff and if they don't like what they see then change it.

What also annoyed me a little tonight is that they had Kaity reporting on something with New York's changing population standing by in the studio, so why not just have her anchor with Tamsen, and have a 2 anchor format, instead of just soloing when one person is off? Soloing for an hour long show is really terrible, and is rough on the anchor (Tamsen). I can understand it for half-hour shows though. But I 100% agree with you, PIX has tons of potential, and has all the right talent to make it happen. They desperately need to get rid of Mark Effron, he's brought the station to probably one, if not the lowest ratings in the country , just when you thought the ratings couldn't of gotten worse since the Carey era.

On a side note, since this is a thread about PIX's new graphics, what music package do you think should be used if they get new opens? Knowing them, PIX will probably just make something by themselves, but just thought I'd throw the question out there.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, WPIX has openings for Creative Services Director and Design Director. It almost makes me wonder if their designers are currently just working without direction, which would explain all the different looks.

Maybe they'll finally get a real graphics package.

Archived