NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

I think that it is about time that they let her go. Denise should take over for the 5pm show. I have always liked her as an anchor. I noticed that this passed weekend that Rosemary was on Saturday and Sunday nights when Katy Zachary was on the weekend mornings.

• 2 weeks later...
sheena is on the morning show for 2 weeks

Usually, 10 would have their weekend meteorologists fill in for Bill. However, they haven't found full-time replacements for some time now.

Former NBC10 meteorologist Doug Kammerer is filling in on NBC10 today.

Awesome to see Doug again in NBC 10. Shows how thin they are with meteorologists.

Here is Doug's cameo in the NBC10 at 4 Facebook teaser:

Me too. Maybe they could lure him back here for a comeback but I'd doubt he'd take the demotion.

Even if they'd offer him the lead, I think he grew up outside of DC so it'd have to be really enticing for him to leave his hometown.

• Like 1

Why is NBC 10 using meteorologists from other NBC stations if Michelle Grossman or Karen Thomas can maybe fill in?

Well, I think Michelle and Karen are per diem where as Doug and Dave are contract employees. Also, Karen and Michelle could've been unavailable. Last weekend there was another per diem person in. 10 only has three contract on-air weather people at the moment, and one is on vacation while the other is sick, and the third can only do so much. 10 is also spread a little thin at the moment on the anchor side as well.

Well, I think Michelle and Karen are per diem where as Doug and Dave are contract employees. Also, Karen and Michelle could've been unavailable. Last weekend there was another per diem person in. 10 only has three contract on-air weather people at the moment, and one is on vacation while the other is sick, and the third can only do so much. 10 is also spread a little thin at the moment on the anchor side as well.

It showed up last week when Jim, Jacqueline, and Keith were all off Friday and Vai, Rosemary, and Denise were filling in.

• Like 1

At least on Comcast, 10's newscasts are being presented in letterbox on the SD feed. The graphics haven't been reformatted at all to reflect this though. I wouldn't be surprised though if this is eventually leads to the Look F refresh that KNBC and WMAQ uses.

So I knew WWSI's studio was small but not this small:

[MEDIA=instagram]BAkxMV2S2Ky[/MEDIA]

Look at how close the chroma key gets to the news desk:

[MEDIA=instagram]BC8p1vyS2Nz[/MEDIA]

So I knew WWSI's studio was small but not this small:

[MEDIA=instagram]BAkxMV2S2Ky[/MEDIA]

Look at how close the chroma key gets to the news desk:

[MEDIA=instagram]BC8p1vyS2Nz[/MEDIA]

Yeah that studio was converted from an old conference room. They had actually built that studio for their old Nonstop operation. The news set came when WWSI moved in.

Jim and Jackie must be off as Keith did the 4pm and 5pm with ..... Tracy!!!! He soloed at 6pm. I wonder if Tracy was on in the morning. But I will reiterate how much I love these two together!!!

Also, in addition to doing the 4/5/6/11 last M-F and today, Glenn also did the 6/11 on both Saturday and Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

Tracy filled in for Jackie on Monday and Tuesday at 4pm, 5pm, & 6pm alongside Jim. Interesting that they had her on at 6 being that when one's off at 6 the other usually solo anchors. She also anchored with Jim on Friday at 5pm. Thursday night she moderated a debate. Also, caught Jackie anchoring the 11pm on Tuesday (she was off on earlier newscasts) but was absent the next day.

All this has me speculating whether they're testing anchor pairs out. I'd like to see Tracy return to afternoons/evenings anchoring.

Tracy filled in for Jackie on Monday and Tuesday at 4pm, 5pm, & 6pm alongside Jim. Interesting that they had her on at 6 being that when one's off at 6 the other usually solo anchors. She also anchored with Jim on Friday at 5pm. Thursday night she moderated a debate. Also, caught Jackie anchoring the 11pm on Tuesday (she was off on earlier newscasts) but was absent the next day.

All this has me speculating whether they're testing anchor pairs out. I'd like to see Tracy return to afternoons/evenings anchoring.

It seems you're not the only one that would like to see her back to afternoon/evenings. However, with how important morning newscasts are becoming, a strong anchor like Tracy is needed.

[MEDIA=twitter]717660710231281664[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]717660064862044161[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

New weather graphics on NBC 10. Looks a lot like the west coast O&Os' Microclimate forecasts. A weather ticker now appears at the bottom of the screen. Also the weather's being done from a new 4 panel touchscreen setup.

• Like 5