Carolyn Johnson Leaving KGO

1place4news

I think Kathy Vara will continue to be the primary fill-in for Colleen. When Lucy Noland was at KNBC did she ever fill in for Colleen? I don't remember ever seeing her filling in. So if Carolyn gets Lucy's old shift I would expect Kathy to continue being the primary fill-in for Colleen.

If I ever had enough time to watch an unhealthy amount of local news, I would start up my blog again. If I paid closer attention to tipsters and wrote it without sexist language and repeated conjecture, I feel like Rich would lose his mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but I don't see her getting the noon. I believe KNBC will have her anchor the 6pm & and be a primary fill-in (in addition to Kathy Vara) for the 5 & 11pm shows. Michelle Valles or Lolita Lopez (Who I have seen anchoring the noon show as of late) are more then capable of handling noon duties. Carolyn would also most likely be a general reporter for the 5 & 11pm shows. Let's not forget some NBC O&O stations have the people who do the morning news, also do the midday/noon shows. WTVJ, WVIT & KNSD are the 3 NBC Owned stations that have the morning team also handle the mid-day shows. So Michelle Valles at KNBC or even Lolita Lopez can do the noon show as well.

Not only did she get the 6pm, but the noon as well! And it appears that not only did Valles not get the noon, but she will be gone from the am show too. I don't see why they don't let Whit co-anchor the 6pm too.

Not only did she get the 6pm, but the noon as well! And it appears that not only did Valles not get the noon, but she will be gone from the am show too. I don't see why they don't let Whit co-anchor the 6pm too.

When Whit first joined KNBC wasn't he also anchoring the 6 PM with Lucy in addition to the noon? Or am I just imagining things.

• 2 months later...

Ama or Cheryl for 4 and 6 and the man show with Larry and Dan at 11...is KNBC delaying Carolyn's debut like they did with Veronica at KPIX? At least with Veronica she was delayed because her mother had health issues.

Ama or Cheryl for 4 and 6 and the man show with Larry and Dan at 11...is KNBC delaying Carolyn's debut like they did with Veronica at KPIX? At least with Veronica she was delayed because her mother had health issues.

Wait, so the men are co-anchors, or is it more Dan going solo with Larry doing sports? Or are they using another sports person with the two men?

• 4 months later...

Archived