Rob Marciano joins ABC News as Senior Meteorologist

24994J

I would guess so, and let's face it. The 'senior' tag is merely a title. Ginger will still be weather editor/chief meteorologist/top dog. He being senior is about a meaningful as Dr. Jen Ashton's 'senior' title to Dr. Rich Besser's 'chief' position.

All that aside, I like the pick. I always liked him on CNN, and always questioned the move to 'Entertainment Tonight'.

Cecily Tynan tweeted a welcome to Rob Marciano for joining the GMA Weekend team. Since the WPVI meteorologists have been the most frequent subs, that kind of seals it.

I wonder if this is in part to (eventually) transfer Zee into a larger non-weather role at ABC News.

Why on Earth would they do that? Ginger loves weather. If they took her off weather, I have NO doubt she would leave.

All this is, is ABC announcing who will do weather for GMA Weekends.

Good choice in my opinion.

I really hope this is it for people changes at ABC. I feel like they have been loosing people left and right recently. (Bianna, Bill Weir, Cynthia M., Diane, Josh, Sam) not to mention quite a few reporters.

More changes to the weekend. Bianna is leaving for a position at Yahoo!, Paula Faris is replacing her. https://twitter.com/ravisomaiya/status/490166032615886848

Bianna was nothing really special to me, i liked her, just didn't love her. Paula is a great fit for the position.

• 1 month later...

Archived