WTHR New Set On The Way

NewsMaster

I am watching the there news at noon. This is the first time they are using the new set and them, as the moring news cast today was using the old theme, logo, graphics and set. I also can't identify the theme they are using. It sounds similar to the tower but I don't know if it is the tower. It could be the tower v.5 but I it does not sound like any tower v.5 I heard on SMNM or the sampler of it on 615 music's website could somebody help

Edit

they are talking about the new set as I type this at 12:14pm but nothing about the new theme

I'm not impressed with the new graphics. They are bland and borning and look Gannett inspired in some way. Maybe I'll adjust. The HAVENT shown enough of the set yet but it is clearly inspired by the NBC O&Os set. IMG_6588.JPG[/quote

Were is the pic

Confirmed. New Music is Tower V5.

The light blue back-lighting looks cold to me. It appears that they are using a darker colors at night it looks like and a sunrise-ish color for the morning newscasts.

Pictures are from The Noon at 5pm Newscast.

B4bh0qgIUAAtN_u.jpg

B4baffkCYAAdTJG.jpg

10842115_386537151509124_2982880510378335718_o.jpg

B4baffkCEAAHtm9.jpg

B4cfBIbCEAExNU_.jpg

6171291_G.jpg

B4cfBJgCcAEGa47.jpg

6171289_G.jpg

6171287_G.jpg

6171293_G.jpg

This set and the graphics package is fantastic. I especially like this cut of what I assume is Tower V.5. It gives a more pressing sound than what WSMV uses as the open. It sounds like what WTHR is using as an open is being used by WSMV to open newscasts starting with Breaking News.

Gorgeous. It really is a network-quality presentation. Probably the best set in the country, and the logo update does enough to bring the classic forward.

It is a really good set but I still think WAGA in Atlanta has the best set but this is a real close second. But I love the desk, it reminds me of Meet the Press new desk.

It is a really good set but I still think WAGA in Atlanta has the best set but this is a real close second. But I love the desk, it reminds me of Meet the Press new desk.

I'd say that this would be a tie in my book. Like many of you said this set truly looks like an NBC O&O set or even a network set. The desk certainly looks like an adaptation of the Meet The Press "round table desk" which took elements of the WRC desk.

I notice they're using Ross' Cambot robotics and a Furio camera track which you don't see often here. How many pedestals are there? I can't really tell from the pictures. As for the camera trackingdoes anyone know how they are using it? From the looks of it appears it would mainly be used for the weather and the only way I can think of how they would use it is by quickly moving from the weather pod to the green screen.

It also appears that they have a PTZ camera in a little hole on one of the angular dividers that looks like that could be used for the weather center. You can see it in the picture featuring the camera track.

The graphics appear to be designed similar to Sky News where the background and size of the box are as only as big as they need to be.

It's not too bad looking from the set down to the graphics. Kinda feels like you're watching a network TV newscast in a sense.

@IndyNewsGuy: Do you know if WTHR is broadcasting in 16x9 letterbox format for the SD feed?

As of now they are not broadcasting in letterbox on 4:3 feeds, so yes graphics and some shots are cut off on the 4:3.

That's a nice looking set! Love it. I'm glad they didn't go with the DDG, getting tired of the same looking design flooding markets ** WAGA, KNXV, KMGH, WDRB, KSAZ, the list goes on **. They're becoming the newest cookie cutter in a big way. Clickspring knows how to mix it up without repeating themselves into cookie cutter land, thank god. I hope they keep moving into the local markets and shake things up a bit.

Clickspring knows how to mix it up without repeating themselves into cookie cutter land, thank god. I hope they keep moving into the local markets and shake things up a bit.

I can see Clickspring's flair in this. The FOX News Deck has similar metal beams, wood tones, and desk design.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this timelapse of their set construction. I had no idea that their studio was so small, it looks so spacious on TV. The first half of the video was the demolishing of the old set and refinishing the floors.

Also it's fun reading the comments to see people bitch and moan about their new graphics.

I came across this timelapse of their set construction. I had no idea that their studio was so small, it looks so spacious on TV. The first half of the video was the demolishing of the old set...

That may be because the old set went pretty high up, so even back then the studio looked larger than it really was. You couldn't see a good little bit of it in that time lapse.

That may be because the old set went pretty high up, so even back then the studio looked larger than it really was. You couldn't see a good little bit of it in that time lapse.

I saw that there was a second level of the set but it makes wonder did they ever use the second level? It seems like they look good in theory but are rarely used or that they are quickly abandoned.

I saw that there was a second level of the set but it makes wonder did they ever use the second level? It seems like they look good in theory but are rarely used or that they are quickly abandoned.

The "upper" part of the studio was never used. It was just for looks. The stairs were even nicknamed "The Stairs to no where."

The previous WTHR set seemed big because it was. It actually extended into another studio. It was where they did interviews and cooking segments and whatever else. During the construction of the new set, the temporary set was where the extended/interview set was. So in short, part of the set is still missing because it hasn't been built yet, due to the placement of the temp set.

I agree with Marcus, because these set are starting to look the same and very cookie-cutter style. KNXV, KMGH, WTHR and the list goes on. I hope WSB set is nothing like these sets that are coming through the pike.

Best Set

WAGA- FOX 5 News/ Atlanta

Worst Set

KSTP- 5 Eyewitness News/ MSP

Archived