WTMJs Future?

jrh1985

It's not really that exciting... We've all seen it a thousand times...

Yeah, it's going to be exactly what every other Scripps station has, but with the TMJ4 logo in it...

It's just nice to know this current graphics package is on it's death bed. It's lasted about 5 years longer than it should have.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that doesn't like Scripps graphics package? I think its the weakest Renderon has done yet.

Anyways rumor has it that Journal had commission Renderon to create new graphics for all its stations but it was shelved while the merger was going on. It would have been interesting what Scripps would have done if the Journal stations got those graphics, knowing Scripps they would probably ditch them to use its outdated graphics package.

Am I the only one that doesn't like Scripps graphics package? I think its the weakest Renderon has done yet.

Anyways rumor has it that Journal had commission Renderon to create new graphics for all its stations but it was shelved while the merger was going on. It would have been interesting what Scripps would have done if the Journal stations got those graphics, knowing Scripps they would probably ditch them to use its outdated graphics package.

The current Scripps package is the lesser of two evils versus the Journal mess.

The current Scripps package is a lot better than the package it replaced and the dated Journal look

The 6pm show is currently lower-third free; looks like things are going on with that system and it's offline right now...

ETA - The Now's L3s are still up and just fine.

The L3s are back for 10:00 and George Mallet is there! Don't know if this is his first night.

They aired credits at the end of last night's 10:30 news that used the Scripps fullscreen look (though the background was just black???) and Inergy playing under it.

It looked really sloppy. I guess the people who made this classic aren't there anymore.

I don't think I've seen a credit roll on TMJ for decades (WISN does it to close out the old year traditionally). In fact I rarely see credits rolls anymore for news outside of that and the ESPN Christmas Credits Extravaganza since it's become a 'check our website' mentality and producers prefer to find some random HI/viral video story now to fill out any time left rather than tolerate any tune-out.

Half those people are probably dead.

you'd think that, but point to any name under "engineering" and there is around a 75% chance that they are still there, or are listed next to someone who is still there... they hired a lot of young engineers in the 80's to replace the original engineers who were retiring...

[MEDIA=twitter]728000040158023681[/MEDIA]

Looks like tomorrow is the day.

They might as well have just posted a black box... What the hell kind of "preview" is that supposed to be?!?

It's amazing what a difference a new graphics package can make (even if that package is already 3 years old). It looks good. They do need to find something better to put in the "promotion box" than "your Olympic station".

It's amazing what a difference a new graphics package can make (even if that package is already 3 years old). It looks good. They do need to find something better to put in the "promotion box" than "your Olympic station".

It's an Olympic year so I'm not surprised it's there. Over all it looks wonderful! I didn't see all of Live At Noon so did talent opens make a return? Or doesn't Scripps do those?

4 years in August.

Archived