KFMB's Helicopter

A3N

The A-Star just cleared Palomar airport en-route to Whiteman (Pacoima) at 7:40pm. I'm assuming they are gonna switch out back to the 206...unless it's just a weekend sleepover with all the other ACA Airships.

Is the 206 here in SD?

That explains why I saw a KING 5 red helicopter flying in the skies before. They switched out.

Really? Where was this at?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The A-Star just cleared Palomar airport en-route to Whiteman (Pacoima) at 7:40pm. I'm assuming they are gonna switch out back to the 206...unless it's just a weekend sleepover with all the other ACA Airships.

Yes sir, back in the 206 today.

Capture.JPG.79db75713b67f1296879a70c0c30f16d.JPG

What was wrong with it this time around?

Better yet...

Why are there 2 different companies providing the airships???

N218GH (the 206) is registered to Helicopters Unlimited...but N29LW (A-Star) is registered to Tiny Bubbles Avaition/ACA / Welk...according to the FAA website.

Better yet...

Why are there 2 different companies providing the airships???

N218GH (the 206) is registered to Helicopters Unlimited...but N29LW (A-Star) is registered to Tiny Bubbles Avaition/ACA / Welk...according to the FAA website.

Could it be that Welk bought/leased the chopper from Helicopters Unlimited? Also, I'm curious to know what happened to previous provider (National Helicopter, I believe?)

Finding out who the owner/operator of the helicopter/operation here is more complicated than an episode of Maury. Who's your daddy, Chopper 8?

So MSNBC is taking the feed from KNSD or KFMB's helicopter and boy you are right the picture quality is crap.

Not sure why it looks this bad. The pq was looking fine yesterday. But yes, this is the infamous chopper 8 we keep talking about in this thread.

So MSNBC is taking the feed from KNSD or KFMB's helicopter and boy you are right the picture quality is crap.

The local feed is fine. By the time it got to MSNBC it was real ugly....almost as bad as the local reporting.

A big nothing...one giant wank.

The local feed is fine. By the time it got to MSNBC it was real ugly....almost as bad as the local reporting.

A big nothing...one giant wank.

The local feed looked pretty bad, granted not as bad as what the cable news outlets were showing.

I agree with you on the reporting. I understand it's a breaking news/active shooter situation, but some of the questions these reporters are asking bystanders are so stupid and the responses are cringe-worthy. I don't get the need to pepper people with the same questions over and over again, especially when they're giving one or two word responses.

Update...

They have the clean and direct copter feed up now. The previous MSNBC stuff was from KNSD and was processed about 30 times before it reached MSNBC.

The local feed looked pretty bad, granted not as bad as what the cable news outlets were showing.

I agree with you on the reporting. I understand it's a breaking news/active shooter situation, but some of the questions these reporters are asking bystanders are so stupid and the responses are cringe-worthy. I don't get the need to pepper people with the same questions over and over again, especially when they're giving one or two word responses.

Please tell me the book has NOT started yet.

I'm missing those hot game show models for this crap?

Gus saw a woodchuck.

Please tell me the book has NOT started yet.

I'm missing those hot game show models for this crap?

Gus saw a woodchuck.

For real. You should have seen reporter Liz from NBC when she saw an ambulance go by code 3. She kept repeating that she had not seen an ambulance go by with lights and siren since she got there. Jason and Marianne literally had to step in and say that it could be a patient from outside of the base being taken to the hospital, and it may have nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Edit: LOL, she just asked a couple with a newborn in the hospital if she is feeling a sign of relief because the situation at hand was cleared and the lady bluntly said, NO. No relief at all. Awkward few seconds followed that.

For real. You should have seen reporter Liz from NBC when she saw an ambulance go by code 3. She kept repeating that she had not seen an ambulance go by with lights and siren since she got there. Jason and Marianne literally had to step in and say that it could be a patient from outside of the base being taken to the hospital, and it may have nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Edit: LOL, she just asked a couple with a newborn in the hospital if she is feeling a sign of relief because the situation at hand was cleared and the lady bluntly said, NO. No relief at all. Awkward few seconds followed that.

You are soooo right...she is awful.

Butt.....I saw her backside on another channel...I just might cut her a pass. lol

The likes of Ashley Jacobs and Marie Coronel...and the clueless photog Andre Cox on FOX 5 just topped off the hilarity.

I could tell by the scanner traffic it was a giant nothing...but I got a good pre-ratings laugh watching them wank to nothing.

10-1 KGTV already is making a promo.......

Sing along kids...

"I used to be disgusted......"

10-1 KGTV already is making a promo.......

Probably making "BREAKING SHOOTING ALERT" graphics and desk as well...

Then we have the RV fire in Lakeside, stop the madness!! At least I got my daily laugh this morning...

Then we have the RV fire in Lakeside, stop the madness!! At least I got my daily laugh this morning...

My favorite was when KFMB 's Dan and Nichelle were trying to figure out where and what was in Bldg 26....the whole time Chopper 8 has a shot of the" Mystery Building 26"....the big giant 7 story high-rise with the GIANT '26' painted on it's walls.

Duh!

I guess it houses a little more than just a Gym......DUH....do these potato heads even look at the monitors?

If it's anything like those promos from the rainstorms a few weeks ago... Eesh.

Update...

They have the clean and direct copter feed up now. The previous MSNBC stuff was from KNSD and was processed about 30 times before it reached MSNBC.

Sometimes it seems like MSNBC will take the online streaming feed of one of their O&Os during breaking news. I remember seeing a cursor on screen during the Amtrak derailment last year and I believe I saw one briefly yesterday as well.

Sometimes it seems like MSNBC will take the online streaming feed of one of their O&Os during breaking news. I remember seeing a cursor on screen during the Amtrak derailment last year and I believe I saw one briefly yesterday as well.

That is done as a temporary program option while they establish cleaner or more reliable video paths (if possible). Often we discuss cost involved in establishing those paths and thank God MSNBC didn't just 'cheap out" and stick with the online(freebie) feed.

Always be careful because the more that signal gets processed...the more you are prone for audio delays and crappy junky artifacts sneaking into the video.

Todays Chopper8 clusterfest is a high speed motorcycle pursuit in Mission valley...

Problem #1 Camera was going to black while tilting straight down and in pans. Not the transmitter.

Problem #2 Jo Eger gets lost easily...

Problem 3 The pilot does NOT have a monitor of camera feed. Cheap!

The guy ended up crashing...but thank God this was not live to broadcast (just stream).

Yesterdays problem was an evening flight was cut short "due to fuel issues"...meaning NOBODY fueled up after the last flight.

What a way to run an operation.

Todays Chopper8 clusterfest is a high speed motorcycle pursuit in Mission valley...

Problem #1 Camera was going to black while tilting straight down and in pans. Not the transmitter.

Problem #2 Jo Eger gets lost easily...

Problem 3 The pilot does NOT have a monitor of camera feed. Cheap!

The guy ended up crashing...but thank God this was not live to broadcast (just stream).

Yesterdays problem was an evening flight was cut short "due to fuel issues"...meaning NOBODY fueled up after the last flight.

What a way to run an operation.

Yeah, I noticed those things too. I was like, Jo must not be too familiar with operating this camera. God forbid something happens with that chopper because of their irresponsibility....

Who's liable if something happens with the chopper? is it on Welk, Total Traffic Network, or the stations that partake in the pool?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived