WNBC to launch 4pm Newscast (Report)

B2r4a6n

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to chime in about WNBC's new graphics. They are extraordinary. They blow the updates of CBS 2 and ABC 7 out of the water. This now solidifies News 4 New York as being serous about being a news leader in the number one market again.

The look is forward thinking and attractive and smart. I am obsessed. Do I sound crazy? I know...I do. It's just perfect.

These graphics are some of this station's best in its history. It's the little things that make this package work wonders.

The use/utilizing of colors, shades, gradients, the diagrid Peacock, the T/T bug and animation of the L3s are all brilliant.

Also, the use of the white bar on top can also work for things like Breaking News, Storm Team 4 and other specifically-named segements. If they remove it (and maybe the bottom line with the SO info too) from being seen throughout the entire newscast, it'll be so much better.

All-in-all, best graphics they've (probably ever) had and the best in the market, and will definitely help the station become even more competitive.

I'm not one to normally give props to competing stations - but WNBC really got this right - the entire package is superb, as opposed to WABC which took a step back in time with their latest graphics/opens. Shame on Camille for not sticking with FX or Renderon for the graphics - the graphics on WABC look worse now than the in-house package from a decade ago.

Does anyone have any recordings of the new graphics or screenshots to show the new graphics? I'll check on YouTube to see if I can find anything. WNBC has always been the leader when it comes to graphic design and on-air presentation throughout NYC's history. I remember back in 2003 when we had a similar discussion as to how they had some of the best graphics in town. I'm really eager to see how these compare to WCBS / WABC's update. Though I'm sure they are better than WABC's since WABC's new graphics in my opinion are the worst in the city. Every station in the NYC area beats WABC's new graphics.

I'm not one to normally give props to competing stations - but WNBC really got this right - the entire package is superb, as opposed to WABC which took a step back in time with their latest graphics/opens. Shame on Camille for not sticking with FX or Renderon for the graphics - the graphics on WABC look worse now than the in-house package from a decade ago.

You would really think that WABC and the others would be asking Pixar (or whoever they own) to design the baddest and best full motion CGI stuff.

These idiots are connected to movie studios...why are they holding back in real graphic design?

You would really think that WABC and the others would be asking Pixar (or whoever they own) to design the baddest and best full motion CGI stuff.

These idiots are connected to movie studios...why are they holding back in real graphic design?

Because it's Disney, and motion graphics are not what they do for a living. That's Troika's job (or whoever else they use for network graphics).

Yeah...these are the same idiots that put a giant playground in the middle of an alligator infested swamp.

[ATTACH=full]2952[/ATTACH]

Probably too soon, but you're not technically wrong. +1

Archived