KCPQ getting a new set

Viper550

First KOMO, then KIRO, and now the Q it seems:

[MEDIA=twitter]683487702746927104[/MEDIA]

It'll also be interesting to see if we get a graphical overhaul too. They've had the same graphics for a while (a blue/green version of the KTLA package), but recently refreshed with 16:9 elements. I still don't think Tribune is going to force them onto their standard Fox package without some changes, though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
The wavy ripple type pattern behind the monitor wall reminds me of the wavy portion of the KDKA temp/secondary studio set. I'm not sure if it's from TVSetDesighs.com

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/kdka-getting-a-new-set.14977/page-2#post-141384

BDI has used them in several sets they've built over the years. KSWB's 2008 refreshed set had them.

I actually really like the new KING set. Sure, it might not be some huge 3 million dollar studio, but it still has a very nice look and feel to it. I like the more "natural" lighting.

You don't have to spend a lot ton of money to make a nice set. It'll be dated in only a few years.

Just curious what's with the black and white diamonds on the floors? I've noticed other stations have them.

Those are actually checker board type squares. They are used by robotic camera pedestals to target, which gives it an X and Y axis starting point. Each different camera shot (2-shot, close up, chroma key, etc) is saved with X and Y coordinates so the camera pedestal knows where to move when a shot is recalled. Each camera has its own target, and they all have their own shots and presets.

Those are actually checker board type squares. They are used by robotic camera pedestals to target, which gives it an X and Y axis starting point. Each different camera shot (2-shot, close up, chroma key, etc) is saved with X and Y coordinates so the camera pedestal knows where to move when a shot is recalled. Each camera has its own target, and they all have their own shots and presets.

Totally unrelated to KCPQ but say the main workhorse robotic camera had a failure where it wouldn't work and needed to get repaired or replaced. While the station was down the camera could they quickly and easily retarget to the broken down camera's target, shots & presets? Obviously if the problem would take time they'd hook up that camera and put it on a prdestal or tripod and use it for "light" camera work where it's not moved often.

Also that panoramic photo makes it look like the center camera is cordless.

Archived