KCPQ getting a new set

Viper550

Totally unrelated to KCPQ but say the main workhorse robotic camera had a failure where it wouldn't work and needed to get repaired or replaced. While the station was down the camera could they quickly and easily retarget to the broken down camera's target, shots & presets? Obviously if the problem would take time they'd hook up that camera and put it on a prdestal or tripod and use it for "light" camera work where it's not moved often.

Also that panoramic photo makes it look like the center camera is cordless.

I've seen cameras fail in my newscast before. The director can manually adjust the shot from a different camera, so long as he remembers it might "robo" to its next programmed shot. We also have a hot-key command to turn any of our three primary cameras to a 2-shot. It doesn't take much effort to program new shots outside of a newscast.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I don't think any new graphics are actually in use. KCPQ has a new logo painted on the wall (saw it in another test newscast) and a sales presentation with a new logo. But as of now, all the old graphics are still in their system.

By the way, I don't think any new graphics are actually in use. KCPQ has a new logo painted on the wall (saw it in another test newscast) and a sales presentation with a new logo. But as of now, all the old graphics are still in their system.

Q13news.com redirects to their website and @Q13News on Twitter is taken by them. All mentions of branding are "Q13 News".

Bad planning? I mean, you'd think the graphics would debut with the set.

I thought Fox required stations to be branded as Fox (station brand).

Well, after Tribune played hardball and refused to give into Fox's demands for KCPQ...

I was reading a story that Tribune is in the process to get new sets for KTLA, WGN, WJW and WGNO for 2016. If those plans are true and could happen I see WJW debuted a new set by August due to RNC.

That would confirm my suspicions about why WJW rebuilt their entire graphics package... it's a transitional look until the WJW art department creates a whole new visual identity not unlike KDVR, KTVI and now KCPQ.

Well, after Tribune played hardball and refused to give into Fox's demands for KCPQ...

That would confirm my suspicions about why WJW rebuilt their entire graphics package... it's a transitional look until the WJW art department creates a whole new visual identity not unlike KDVR, KTVI and now KCPQ.

Wait, why would they rebuild the entire package if they were making a new one so soon? New system?

ncs-kcpq-studio.jpg

KCPQ is debut the new news set tomorrow on their morning news.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/28/new-set-debuts-monday-on-q13-news-this-morning/

I also stumble on possibly their new logo.

300?cb=20160228194357

500?cb=20160228194534

Courtesy of Logopedia.

You needed to vet this logo before posting it. It's from poster named Dondon1

"Hello, everyone. My name is Donny Pearson. I'm a self-taught multimedia artist. I love logos. I work on my scalable vector graphic recreations of logos past and present, 2D and 3D, all done on a software called Inkscape."

This is NOT a current logo and therefore should be disregarded.

http://q13fox.com/weather/maps-and-radar/7-day-forecast/

They have slightly different 7-day and radar graphics that seem to be optimized for the set's "window to the Northwest" theme (the "tab" is now a box, and the 7-day is left-aligned with room for the anchor, and nature backdrops instead of abstract graphics package backdrops). Though, they don't look too different from what they had before, so I guess that's not really much of an indicator. Maybe they scrapped the rebranding and just kept the old graphics?

Q13 has a snapchat? What would they need with a snapchat?

A lot of local stations are slowly but surely adopting Snapchat as a new social media tool for their "coverage."

Even national news organizations like CBS News are on Snapchat as well.

A lot of local stations are slowly but surely adopting Snapchat as a new social media tool for their "coverage."

Even national news organizations like CBS News are on Snapchat as well.

not too sure how a 10 second max video or photo would help with their coverage, but whatever floats their boat

Archived