CBS O&O changes

C Block

And KCNC was the first after WCBS and KCBS the first time around. There's not really any way anyone can predict these things with any accuracy, other than that they all will get it at some point (with one obvious exception).

Well no I heard WJZ is looking into the Look T graphics the previous one after this update.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is because they are in the process of becoming one.

Wait, wait. Back up a bit. Is CBS going to buy KFMB? or this just another rumor?

Wait, wait. Back up a bit. Is CBS going to buy KFMB? or this just another rumor?

this is Seymour but it's most likely since all the stations there are O&O stations, and KCBS/KCAL are moving there tower a little more up north, because of their new Doppler radar systems. So yeah I guess they are buying it.

That is because they are in the process of becoming one.

Where did you hear this? Very interesting if it's true. I'd be interested to see if this helps or hurts them...

this is Seymour but it's most likely since all the stations there are O&O stations, and KCBS/KCAL are moving there tower a little more up north, because of their new Doppler radar systems. So yeah I guess they are buying it.

Yeah, KCBS / KCAL aren't going to be moving their towers any time soon. There's a freeze until the spectrum repack is done and that's going to be a few more years.

??? I'm confused as to what this has to do with KFMB becoming a CBS O&O. I don't want to be a negative nancy, but we've had many wild rumors over the years on this forum that we have a hard time believing this type of stuff.

??? I'm confused as to what this has to do with KFMB becoming a CBS O&O. I don't want to be a negative nancy, but we've had many wild rumors over the years on this forum that we have a hard time believing this type of stuff.

That's very true, but this is just a rumor (Don't count on me, I'm not CBS)

I don't normally do this but let's skip the rumors and speculatron topics before this thread gets hijacked from its original topic - the new graphics and gets locked.

Yeah, KCBS / KCAL aren't going to be moving their towers any time soon. There's a freeze until the spectrum repack is done and that's going to be a few more years.

Finally, looked on RabbitEars, FCCInfo and the FCC website itself and there are no applications at all related to any transmission facilities. KCBS has a primary transmitter and a backup transmitter a few miles nearby at Tongva Peak. While KCAL just has a primary transmitter on the same tower as the primary KCBS tower.

I don't normally do this but let's skip the rumors and speculatron topics before this thread gets hijacked from its original topic - the new graphics and gets locked.

Finally, looked on RabbitEars, FCCInfo and the FCC website itself and there are no applications at all related to any transmission facilities. KCBS has a primary transmitter and a backup transmitter a few miles nearby at Tongva Peak. While KCAL just has a primary transmitter on the same tower as the primary KCBS tower.

So is this rumor dead? If not can you guys confirm it?

And KCNC was the first after WCBS and KCBS the first time around. There's not really any way anyone can predict these things with any accuracy, other than that they all will get it at some point (with one obvious exception).

3 letters WJZ

Archived