WFXT Boston ditching open newsroom for traditional set

BostonMediaWatch

• 1 month later...

The only thing this set has going for it is that it makes the horrid logo look less "out of place". This set is extremely underwhelming for a major station in a major market. It would look good if it were in a smaller market, but Boston? Nope.

I've been watching some of the 9am news, and the set looks nice enough. They did not ditch the open newsroom layout, which I think is smart. The 2 shot of the anchors at the desk is underwhelming, and I think we've spilled enough ink about the horrific logo...

Yeah... they never really ditched the newsroom look after all and I'm glad they kept that because that's the way WFXT has done news since 2004 by having a newsroom look... basically copying WSVN/WHDH in the way they do news by having a newsroom look or in 'SVN and 'HDH's case... "The NewsPlex."

Archived