WBZ moves to temporary set

Breaking News

I really don't understand why they need an upgrade/refresh, since their set is one of the best of the Eye O&Os. But if it's for the best, all I can do is smile and nod. ...and judge it.

The set CBS needs to upgrade is WBBM [...] but I digress.

Co-signed.

I would add WFOR to that list as well.

I disagree. Their set certainly isn't one of the best, but it still looks nice. Thaaat desk tho.

WBBM and WFOR look like they got their desk on clearance. I guess KPIX is just the mothership of the WBBM and WFOR desks

lol KPIX shouldn't be the inspiration for a quick desk set up.

WFOR is like a broom closet.

A nice, bright, white...broom closet.

The revamped set just debuted at 5pm.

It looks fantastic.

They toned down the blue, and added a nice balance of wood and whites. (although the woods look like the designers made a quick call to Empire Today.)

The lines and edges in some walls blend very well.

The desk is mixed but way better than FOR, KPIX and BBM.

I really like this one. This is now the second best CBS O&O set behind KCBS.

I will miss the last set though. One of the best of them all, if not the best. Despite it blue-ing itself.

Looks good. I think I'd make the desk a bit wider - the cantilevered glass looks a bit odd to me. I'd extend the solid wood portion over maybe half a foot to the left (or about half way to the left monitor).

[MEDIA=twitter]770366929190215680[/MEDIA]

While I like the addition of the wood in the anchor area, it becomes a bit much when you swing over to the weather center. The warmth does help to balance out the blue. The old version was rather cold. I'm a bit torn on the desk as well. The monitors seem too low to be of any benefit and the asymmetry in such a symmetrical set is confusing. For a set refresh it is nicely done.

Didn't anyone else at first glance think that the wood and the bright blue graphics on the monitors look a bit off? But after seeing it a little bit the brighter colors on the monitors look good.

Didn't anyone else at first glance think that the wood and the bright blue graphics on the monitors look a bit off? But after seeing it a little bit the brighter colors on the monitors look good.

Hmm...?

They toned down the blue, and added a nice balance of wood and whites. (although the woods look like the designers made a quick call to Empire Today.)

...yeah, I thought so. My mind changed immediately after.

Archived