KPTV debuts new graphics and music

PTVNews

KPTV debuted a new graphics package today during their noon news. I like it overall and think they did a pretty good job. The splash of yellow is new, and had been a part of an older package they had in the 2000s. So far the main thing I don't like is the huge "live" bug in the double box (@3:33). It runs right into the headline. Also, the background looks a bit odd and unfinished.

I'll miss V.2 of High Velocity as they updated to V.3. I'm not too familiar with V.3 so I'll have to see how many different cuts they end up using for the different shows.

What a difference a day makes. This new package is a whole lot better than what it replaced...

KPTV was long overdue for a new package. I believe that they've been using different variations of the same package they got over 10 years ago.

I love these graphics. Who's the designer? The only small problem is that there is no logo on screen or time/temp bug, hopefully they get that soon.

Probably captured off a live stream. I'm sure they're there on TV.

KPTV was long overdue for a new package. I believe that they've been using different variations of the same package they got over 10 years ago.

The one they just dumped had debuted in 2012. The packages have had similar looks over the decade but have definitely been different.

I love these graphics. Who's the designer? The only small problem is that there is no logo on screen or time/temp bug, hopefully they get that soon.

The time/temp bug was there in later shows. Must have been some problems during the first show.

Looks like a Matt Quinn/Hot Haus job.

That's right! They designed the template and then the station customized it for all the elements they needed.

Archived