New KWGN Set

Chase29

It appears this set was designed by Broadcast Design International (BDI). Their logo is on the plans in one of those pictures.

All I can say is that it's long overdue. Both their set and FOX 31's are not that great.

Looks nice. Though I wonder where they found the studio space to build it.

It could possibly be the original FOX 31 studio before "The Deuce" took over and FOX got the WFXT newsroom Double Jigger Shot Glass set desk.

It could possibly be the original FOX 31 studio before "The Deuce" took over and FOX got the WFXT newsroom Double Jigger Shot Glass set desk.

I don't think it is. KDVR moved back into their old studio about five years ago when they got their FX set-in-a-box set. KDVR and KWGN swapped spaces. As far as I know and from what I saw in the handful of times I've been in that building, there's only one studio (which is huge!) plus the newsroom area. From what I've been told, that building (which, again, really is huge!) has never been more than 2/3rds occupied, so perhaps this is in some other area that they've converted into more of a studio space. At least that's my guess.

Also, in case you ever wondered what became of the newsdesk from KDVR's WFXT-style newsroom set:

34616527171_babc58775f_b.jpg

I don't think it is. KDVR moved back into their old studio about five years ago when they got their FX set-in-a-box set. KDVR and KWGN swapped spaces. As far as I know and from what I saw in the handful of times I've been in that building, there's only one studio (which is huge!) plus the newsroom area. From what I've been told, that building (which, again, really is huge!) has never been more than 2/3rds occupied, so perhaps this is in some other area that they've converted into more of a studio space. At least that's my guess.

Also, in case you ever wondered what became of the newsdesk from KDVR's WFXT-style newsroom set:

34616527171_babc58775f_b.jpg

Oh wow! It wasn't donated to a school, it went to the Network.

Quick tour of the new set:

I could be biased, but in terms of set debuts this week, KWGN > WGN.

Above and beyond. And it seems to evoke the local enviroment well without being OTT.

Quick tour of the new set:

I could be biased, but in terms of set debuts this week, KWGN > WGN.

It definitely has that home-like feel to it, so it gets a win in my book. Now if only they could replace KDVR's set next.

One word that is missing in the news business these days totally describes this set:

Reality! It needs to make a comeback. Big time! I'm tired of seeing cookie-cutter sets that look somewhat unrealistic like the sterile interior of a spaceship. Ummmm... we're doing the news, not beaming up Spock.

Love this set. Hope to see more projects like this.

It's been nearly a decade since the Zell regime cut him loose.

Didn't he start off at KWGN then moved over to KMGH and back to KWGN? I know he been in the Denver market for a long time. I remember hearing he was returning, but I totally forgot about it. Here hoping when Sinclair takes over him and Mike Landess don't get the boot.

Anyone else concerned at the possibility of a merging between KWGN and KDVR? God knows Sinclair would love to trim the fat even if the two stations are self sustaining.

Archived