New set for NBC Nightly News

rkolsen

What studio is this in? Looks kinda like 3C with the low ceiling and (metal?) like siding.

[MEDIA=twitter]882813695843340288[/MEDIA]

Am I grasping at straws here? And by the way thanks to everyone for putting up with my ignorance, I just joined recently and I am very curious with this kinda stuff.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What studio is this in? Looks kinda like 3C with the low ceiling and (metal?) like siding.

Am I grasping at straws here? And by the way thanks to everyone for putting up with my ignorance, I just joined recently and I am very curious with this kinda stuff.

I'd bet it's the new one, 3C, as the Nightly one doesn't have the "pipes". There was part of a package this morning on Amelia Earhart that had the same floor markings and a different type of corner where LED walls are joined.

I'd bet it's the new one, 3C, as the Nightly one doesn't have the "pipes". There was part of a package this morning on Amelia Earhart that had the same floor markings and a different type of corner where LED walls are joined.

Yeah I believe I know what you are talking about..

[GALLERY=media, 1016]Screen Shot 2017-07-06 At 1.17.08 AM by LivefromNewYork posted Jul 6, 2017 at 1:18 AM[/GALLERY]

Where the two are joined looks like the RP screens in 3B.

[GALLERY=media, 1017]Nn4 by LivefromNewYork posted Jul 6, 2017 at 1:21 AM[/GALLERY]

From http://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/09/03/nightly-news-reworks-set/

3B's wood floor looks almost identical to the new 3C. (I highly believe Tom Costello was in 3B due to the side by side of him and BriWi).

3B's wood floor looks almost identical to the new 3C. (I highly believe Tom Costello was in 3B due to the side by side of him and BriWi).

Yeah, but there's normally a desk there and no other corner walls.

What's really interesting to note here is that: 1) up close the "pipes" look more like copper siding. 2) there are 2 3-D circles of the wall by the metal "pipes." 3) the LED video wall shows the same newsroom loop (it's the LA newsroom) as the current studio/setup-wonder if we can expect an upgrade of this (maybe with the 4th floor?) 4) I work frequently with lighting and in its current state I'd say the studio could debut anytime now, although I'd say probably not until Monday.

What's really interesting to note here is that: 1) up close the "pipes" look more like copper siding. 2) there are 2 3-D circles of the wall by the metal "pipes." 3) the LED video wall shows the same newsroom loop (it's the LA newsroom) as the current studio/setup-wonder if we can expect an upgrade of this (maybe with the 4th floor?) 4) I work frequently with lighting and in its current state I'd say the studio could debut anytime now, although I'd say probably not until Monday.

Pretty sure the "pipes" are wooden slats. Not sure where people got the idea they're pipes. The "3D circles" appear to me to be part of the NBC Peacock with a chair in front of it.

Wouldn't it make sense for Kasie's office to be in DC not NY, considering she covers congress and is at the capitol most of the time?

Wouldn't it make sense for Kasie's office to be in DC not NY, considering she covers congress and is at the capitol most of the time?

She mentioned she was in NY for 4th of July and appeared on the 11th Hour in person.

Pretty sure the "pipes" are wooden slats. Not sure where people got the idea they're pipes. The "3D circles" appear to me to be part of the NBC Peacock with a chair in front of it.

At one angle crappy angle and photo it looked like pipes to me and it stuck.

What studio is MTP Daily coming from today? Katy Tur is covering for Chuck Todd, and she had hosted her show earlier.

The backdrop is a pretty effective simulation of the MTP set, only slightly out of focus. I do see some wood trim at the edges of the screens during the very limited side shots which doesn't align with the 4th Floor or 3A screens. Could it be coming from 3C?

What studio is MTP Daily coming from today? Katy Tur is covering for Chuck Todd, and she had hosted her show earlier.

The backdrop is a pretty effective simulation of the MTP set, only slightly out of focus. I do see some wood trim at the edges of the screens during the very limited side shots which doesn't align with the 4th Floor or 3A screens. Could it be coming from 3C?

[GALLERY=media, 1019]Meet the Press Daily, broadcasted from NYC by LivefromNewYork posted Jul 11, 2017 at 6:31 PM[/GALLERY]

The blocking today was a lot better than I've seen previously. However in this shot you can see a bit of blue towards the left, where the Interchangeable branding banner is in the 4th floor studio. Unless 3C has the same banner corner, my guess is MTP was in 4E.

It's Studio 4E, as she always uses when filling in for Chuck Todd. You can tell when they zoom out, the red globe background is slightly visible behind the guest:

After all, it would be strange to debut your flagship studio for a fill-in position.

I was hoping for a tease or a mention tonight like Brian Williams did with 3B. Guess I'll have to wait another day.

They were really up against it time wise tonight. Lester said "goodnight" and they were immediately out. I dont even think the full "nbc news is the most watched news organization in the world" played.

I noticed the quick close, too. Didn't realize they didn't have the "most-watched" reminder. As for the suspended peacock, that could either look really good or really stupid.

If that is the main anchor desk, man what a change. No more L like shape, and no view of 3A from the desk. Although it looks pretty high near the front, wonder if Lester will stand? In that case, the original L shape is back, plus a view of the newsroom.

upload_2017-7-13_23-30-56.thumb.png.4d15894c32d8f609ff2bc570df87c55a.png

Here's a photo of Matt and Katie anchoring from the NN set on the afternoon of September 11, 2001. It was time to refresh. The control room design has been used since '92, albeit refreshed and modernized ever so often. I love it.

Archived