MK....How bad is it?

Eat News

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sure hope that's the case lol. And Matt Lauer earlier this week was completely unnecessary.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they realize that she needs either a sidekick or co host to play off of and discuss "hot topics" with at the top of the show.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they realize that she needs either a sidekick or co host to play off of and discuss "hot topics" with at the top of the show.

They got to blame themselves cause they ran by her name. They were so quick to steal her away from Fox News. They should've launched her on 3rd hour first build herself up and then give her the morning show.

This show would have been successful if we didn't live in such a toxic environment where half the people hate her for leaving Fox and the other half hate her for having been at Fox. 15-20 years ago NBC would have gotten their money's worth off hiring such a big name.

I for one am rooting for her to succeed. I've been watching, it's a little rough around the edges but I'm sure it will get better.

She has had a radical transition into a show that was ill conceived.

On top of that...

NBC has an awful track record with it's handling of matters like this.

I don't think half the people out there hate her. I just think once again NBC has screwed the pooch.

Kelly's entrance into the NBC family has been poorly executed on all fronts. For the most part, its not entirely her fault, see seems nice and would be a good presenter or anchor, but there were and are image hurdles that the network has failed to overcome when they snatched her from Fox several months ago. She did have a large audience when she was at Fox, but would conservative cable news watchers follow her to NBC News, a "fake-news" media outlet who has has ties and ownership to liberal leaning MSNBC? Seems like they didn't. During the summer, she should have been given at least one spot after America's Got Talent to launch her brand, but they burried her in an early evening Sunday timeslot which was not watched by many.

I have yet to see her show recently, but from what I have seen from the first few episodes and recent clips just shows me how awkward this show is and how her talent is not being used efficiently. She is not Rosie O'Donnell nor Ellen Degeneres, she should not be caught dancing or giving away prizes, that is not her wheelhouse.

When they announced that she was moving to NBC earlier this year, it sort of peaked my interest, it seemed like they had big plans for the third hour of the Today show, a chance to do something different and unique. Instead, we have a mostly tired talk show with rehashed talk show elements and it's obvious that this show is not working for her.

Personally, I would have liked her hour to be a condensed and more interactive CBS This Morning. Spend the first half and go over the headlines of the day, like with a round table of NBC contributors, and the second half would go with more lighter topics. I would have had a smaller audience pool of maybe 50 people or less. No fluff, no contests, no dancing. Full on news show.

It's nice to read that people want to give her a break. Unfortunately networks don't give breaks, they just cut you off if they feel like you're not working out.

She has had a radical transition into a show that was ill conceived.

On top of that...

I don't think half the people out there hate her. I just think once again NBC has screwed the pooch.

Well let's be honest, she hasn't helped herself out either...

I would not be surprised if sometime down the road, they end up turning her show into a " The View" rip-off. That's the only way she sticks around and this whole ordeal won't be a complete waste of time and resources for NBC.

I would not be surprised if sometime down the road, they end up turning her show into a " The View" rip-off. That's the only way she sticks around and this whole ordeal won't be a complete waste of time and resources for NBC.

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes to that, just add Sheinelle, Jenna and Dylan...and watch the hour get higher numbers.

This show would have been successful if we didn't live in such a toxic environment where half the people hate her for leaving Fox and the other half hate her for having been at Fox.

Trump's vulgar* post-debate attack at MK - which polarized her own viewer base at FNC, regardless if they claimed to still tune in or not (they did regardless) was and remains the source of all this.

Had that incident not happened, she'd still be at Fox and probably would not have cosigned with Gretchen Carlson's accusations of sexual abuse by Roger Ailes (make no mistake, that sealed her fate at FNC).

I do feel bad for her in that regard, but at the same time, I don't know what she can do to reverse this. Or what NBC can do. They will probably give MKT much more leeway than other shows, but is that enough?

* Yes, I know that is redundant.

Gotta agree about NBC and the horrible way they handle their talent.

Even in late night.... The Tonight Show fiascos are a perfect example; letting Letterman (when he was funny) escape to CBS. Pushing Leno out for Conan’s Tonight Show and not giving the show enough time to grow an audience. Leno’s failure at 10pm. Then bringing him back to Tonight. That’s straight up piss poor management.

Letting Brian Williams stay on with the company even after all of his tall tales. He should’ve been terminated. Keeping him was a no balls executive decision right there. Every time I see him on TV I always remember him lying about “bullets going through the airframe”. The guy has zero credibility. Brian had ONE JOB... to tell the story accurately; he couldn’t even get that right. It shows how much he wanted the spotlight on himself instead of the story. Sad. NBC should have made an example out of him to keep their journalistic integrity.

Ann Curry on Today... won’t even start on that.

Megan Kelly... NBC should be patient and give her at least a year to find viewers. Maybe she needs that one breakthrough moment that hasn’t come around just yet.

A good show isn’t built in two months. Leno’s Tonight Show was floundering for a while until he had Hugh Grant on talking about a hooker... and things took off after that. Conan was painful to watch his first year or so on Late Night... and then he turned it around. Colbert started weak at CBS and has now become a force... but that also took some time too.

Bottom line I guess is that NBC executive management is clueless.

Megan Kelly... NBC should be patient and give her at least a year to find viewers. Maybe she needs that one breakthrough moment that hasn’t come around just yet.

I think that breakthrough moment is when she starts giving away cars.

On today's show, Megyn got serious about the recent report of Bill O'Reilly's harassment settlements and discussed it with Juliet Huddy and her attorney..... then she did a segment on how to make slime.

But other then that, I thought the beginning portion of the show was deep and thought provoking, and was the first time Megyn mentioned her previous workplace, what did everyone else think? http://deadline.com/2017/10/megyn-kelly-bill-oreilly-complained-fox-news-presidents-harassment-video-1202192928/

I thought it was great!...I think she needs to open every show with more topical and thought provocting stories and interviews with reporters/newsmakers and yes, politicians...If she does that for the first 1-2 blocks of her show everyday, she can do whatever fluff segments later on in the show that she wants.

I thought it was great!...I think she needs to open every show with more topical and thought provocting stories and interviews with reporters/newsmakers and yes, politicians...If she does that for the first 1-2 blocks of her show everyday, she can do whatever fluff segments later on in the show that she wants.

I think you've got something there, but the question is, would enough people tune in? It's obvious that the ratings aren't great because too many potential viewers already know about Kelly's past and won't be fooled into believing her new vision.

I think you've got something there, but the question is, would enough people tune in? It's obvious that the ratings aren't great because too many potential viewers already know about Kelly's past and won't be fooled into believing her new vision.

Megyn's show had it's highest ratings yet a couple of weeks ago when she opened with Harvey Weinstein accuser Lauren Sivan. Megyn's brand is someone who is topical and interviews relevant figures, challenges them and gets a discussion going. The View had on Sen. John Mccain this morning. Those are the types of interviews Megyn should be doing. Here's a good opinion article by USA Today...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/10/23/megyn-kelly-and-nbc-need-to-revive-fearless-hard-hitting-brand-julia-wallace-column/789043001/

Megyn's show had it's highest ratings yet a couple of weeks ago when she opened with Harvey Weinstein accuser Lauren Sivan. Megyn's brand is someone who is topical and interviews relevant figures, challenges them and gets a discussion going. The View had on Sen. John Mccain this morning. Those are the types of interviews Megyn should be doing. Here's a good opinion article by USA Today...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/10/23/megyn-kelly-and-nbc-need-to-revive-fearless-hard-hitting-brand-julia-wallace-column/789043001/

I saw that post and I totally agree. NBC needs to stop trying to make this show a safe haven from the important news of the day. It's the kind of thing that's holding the Tonight Show back nowadays (but I guess it's want Jimmy Fallon wants, he even admitted that it's not intended to be a political show).

I'm sure NBC execs are looking at today's show and thinking that they just might have something to work with by going with a more newsier/harder focus for Megyn's show. It doesn't have to be the whole hour, but it definitely needs to be less fluff.

I'm sure NBC execs are looking at today's show and thinking that they just might have something to work with by going with a more newsier/harder focus for Megyn's show. It doesn't have to be the whole hour, but it definitely needs to be less fluff.

For their sake, I hope they get the message!

I saw that post and I totally agree. NBC needs to stop trying to make this show a safe haven from the important news of the day. It's the kind of thing that's holding the Tonight Show back nowadays (but I guess it's want Jimmy Fallon wants, he even admitted that it's not intended to be a political show).

My question is who has the editorial control over the show?

Just who is calling the shots on booking and format?

Does MK have final say...or any say?

None of us here know the answer...I wonder if NBC does?

Just how close are we to seeing MK and and Snoop Dog in the kitchen? (sorry martha)

At least one person isn't happy with today's MKT, Bill O'Reilly thinks his former colleague was trying to link him with Harvey Weinstein: http://deadline.com/2017/10/bill-oreilly-megyn-kelly-harvey-weinstein-new-york-times-glenn-beck-sexual-harassment-settlement-32-million-dollars-1202193171/

One thing I want to know is, if NBC hired Bill O'Reilly and tried to pull off another Kelly-style makeover with him, would people buy it? Even if it turns out he's actually good?

Archived