WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New music too. NMSA says it is the WJZ 2017 Theme.

That's usually if the NMSA can't find the name or artist for the track.

WJZ is strictly using a plain cut of untitled production music for their opens, but for reference purposes on their website, it was given a default title.

They might as well flip to Enforcer and get it over with already. :/

I'm talking about getting rid of it entirely. They're not using it for the close?

Just checked last nights 11pm. The closed it with chroma cues that kind of sound like “it’s wjz”

CBS could afford to pay for new covers on those vehicles, if they wanted to. It shouldn't cost that much for replacements, at the least a few hundred dollars.

I should clarify of their live trucks aren’t wrapped or graphicd like WBAL* but rather they are just white with the CBS Eye and the Group W 13 and WJZ.

*The only diagrid truck WBAL has is their production truck. Some of their sprinters have a newsy type design with their logo, a camera and a basic mic flag where the back window would be.

WJZ is strictly using a plain cut of untitled production music for their opens, but for reference purposes on their website, it was given a default title.

It sure is gonna feel and seem very different when Enforcer comes. I CAN’T WAIT for June to come when going to Ocean City. I’ll be watching online in the meantime

When I see the CBS eye, it looks like it's having a stroke.

Witnessing all of that stretched out Helvetica can do that.

When I see that droopy eye ...it reminds me of Twinkies and Doritos.

Some obtuse people probably were trying to be acute on the matter, right?

I’ve been thinking that an “Enforcer with Chroma Cues Signature” could be put in place. If they can do it at KYW (with the KYW Signature ) and WFSB (with the Advantage) Signature, they can do it with Chroma Cues.

Next stop, WEATHER MAPS!

Then they’d likely have to upgrade their system again. This past year they upgraded to the whole Barron option (and appeared to discontinue their radar) from AccuWeather.

Here’s WJZ’s new traffic maps featuring our favorite font. Anyone know the system that’s being used?

DQxNOcGUIAA43Np.jpg

vs the old ones

DPpG3AGWsAAk6fs.jpg

Whatever system that is, I want to know why anyone in WJZ’s art department thinks a sloppy mixture of stretched Helvetica and Myriad is anything close to a good thing.

Then they’d likely have to upgrade their system again. This past year they upgraded to the whole Barron option (and appeared to discontinue their radar) from AccuWeather.

They wouldn't have to upgrade their system. I use Baron LYNX (Same system as WJZ) at my shop, and there are a plethora of options for them to re-do their maps, icons, etc. on their Support Site. We are currently going through a graphic update here, and I am re-creating our look. Stay tuned. :-)

They wouldn't have to upgrade their system. I use Baron LYNX (Same system as WJZ) at my shop, and there are a plethora of options for them to re-do their maps, icons, etc. on their Support Site. We are currently going through a graphic update here, and I am re-creating our look. Stay tuned. :)

You at a CBS shop? They all use WSI as far as I know.

Here’s the ticker:

DFAE2551-0B76-4178-8D1D-E850F510DE4D.thumb.jpeg.fa2225fd55f04bf963d6169927063a2f.jpeg

Looking at it closely it’s clear it’s not the CBS package.

You at a CBS shop? They all use WSI as far as I know.

Here’s the ticker:

[ATTACH=full]4911[/ATTACH]

Looking at it closely it’s clear it’s not the CBS package.

I am not. However, I do know 'JZ Uses Baron LYNX. Every other CBS O&O uses WSI except WJZ. (I have LYNX at my shop. The Cutouts, and terrain is a dead giveaway.)

I am not. However, I do know 'JZ Uses Baron LYNX. Every other CBS O&O uses WSI except WJZ. (I have LYNX at my shop. The Cutouts, and terrain is a dead giveaway.)

There was a press release I believe when they installed Lynx.

I find it interesting that they are promoting weather and traffic every 10 minutes now. I believe they did that before - their promos go right up against WBAL's similar ads with Weather & Traffic on the 1's. I am wondering if their ticker will display news headlines or just weather and stay up during commercial breaks - like WBAL and WBFF. They are the last hold out in the Baltimore market to have any form of ticker in the morning.

The new ticker is live. Seeing it in action makes me think if they get a new graphics package it will remain in house. One issue I have with the new ticker is that it doesn’t align perfectly with the lower thirds. When they have their typical Chyron up you have a small space that is just video that could have been covered up. Instead they push the program feed up a little bit and still squeeze it.

4A7D4E51-58C5-4DA4-9E28-FE915521BF3E.thumb.jpeg.9cb069ca42f12621222b04d42b6a391f.jpeg

They also apparently got new left handed mugs (who knew there was such a beast) with the new logo. Marty was happy because he’s left handed and the logo appears. Apparently the logo isn’t on both sides of the mug.

5922B1F3-A4D7-4452-A341-A0FCC5BBA22C.thumb.jpeg.c1dfc0d5e163413f893a9843e2064736.jpeg

C145557C-C002-4FDE-A19C-F3B1E81AE1C4.thumb.jpeg.a9b79e515b19ded0fa8125eb3b99caa5.jpeg

For an in-house ticker, the Helvetica is actually legible this time. I’m impressed by that alone.

They also apparently got new left handed mugs (who knew there was such a beast) with the new logo. Marty was happy because he’s left handed and the logo appears.

Had no idea Ned Flanders’ Leftorium opened up a new location in Baltimore.

For an in-house ticker, the Helvetica is actually legible this time. I’m impressed by that alone.

Had no idea Ned Flanders’ Leftorium opened up a new location in Baltimore.

Okily Dokily from the one and only JZ.

The new ticker is live. Seeing it in action makes me think if they get a new graphics package it will remain in house. .

more likely they muck up the o&o pkg in-house and finally give cbs a reason to pull the trigger on a graphics hub... cbs already hubbed traffic, working on master control... graphics is the next logical step...

they'll be allowed to fudge up the current gen graphics... but the next package they might not get that chance...

Archived