KFMB-TV / AM / FM for Sale

A3N

Sales in and of themselves create turmoil, turnover and low morale. Especially given that KFMB has known no other owner and thus might be a bit fatter than its industry peers, that's an issue.

By today's industry standards I would not call KFMB "a bit fatter"...

I would call KFMB Morbidly Obese...

The impending lay-offs will resemble a rascal scooter parade, because of all the lifers and old timers.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By today's industry standards I would not call KFMB "a bit fatter"...

I would call KFMB Morbidly Obese...

The impending lay-offs will resemble a rascal scooter parade, because of all the lifers and old timers.

No doubt. They held off on hiring MMJ’s for the longest time, but that won’t be the case in the near future. And KFMB did some laying off a few years ago,but they’re still a bloated operation by today’s standards. If

I was the main female anchor at 8, I’d seriously be worried right now. I can’t imagine her not making at least $250k/year.

No doubt. They held off on hiring MMJ’s for the longest time, but that won’t be the case in the near future. And KFMB did some laying off a few years ago,but they’re still a bloated operation by today’s standards. If

I was the main female anchor at 8, I’d seriously be worried right now. I can’t imagine her not making at least $250k/year.

The latest morning reporter hire (freelancer) is a clear sign that it's going el cheepo now.

(name of reporter withheld so I don't get a nastygram about how I was mean... and made her cry.)

The latest morning reporter hire (freelancer) is a clear sign that it's going el cheepo now.

(name of reporter withheld so I don't get a nastygram about how I was mean... and made her cry.)

Don't worry she will have her "baba" phone to cry into at least...

God help us all.

Former colleague of mine from XETV who is now currently working at KFMB seen former KGTV morning anchor Lisa Lake at KFMB station having a meeting with Dean Elwood Thursday afternoon. No details on why she was there not trying to speculate anything but however there is a hiring ad on the site for News Anchor.

Former colleague of mine from XETV who is now currently working at KFMB seen former KGTV morning anchor Lisa Lake at KFMB station having a meeting with Dean Elwood Thursday afternoon. No details on why she was there not trying to speculate anything but however there is a hiring ad on the site for News Anchor.

It could be for Dan's position. Although, i'm a bit skeptical that they'd want to put an all female-morning team on KFMB. Either way, Lisa is not a bad choice. Although, if they really wanted to blow things up, Dan's departure would be the catalyst to do so.

I also can't see Nichelle wanting to stick around doing mornings for very much longer.

hahahaha. They're so full of shit. They'd be lucky if they fetch $100 million...

Not so fast...

There is land...in Kearney Mesa and La Jolla. Not sure if they own the vault on Mt. Miguel.

And before you laugh...

The Chargers could be sold and.......

Usually serious applicants for anchor slots are met offsite, and out of sight...but that is an interesting morsel. I would not at all be surprised if we see her pop up on air as a per-diem / freelancer.

Usually serious applicants for anchor slots are met offsite, and out of sight...but that is an interesting morsel. I would not at all be surprised if we see her pop up on air as a per-diem / freelancer.

Last time i checked she was still teaching Radio/Tv at City College along with former 90’s KGTV reporter Laura Castaneda.

Not so fast...

There is land...in Kearney Mesa and La Jolla. Not sure if they own the vault on Mt. Miguel.

Speaking of that where else does KFMB have microwave ENG relay sites? They have Soledad and Miguel for sure, but do they also have Palomar and Woodson? Do stations (KFMB specifically) usually own the microwave sites or lease them out? The sale would include those sites as well or a transfer of lease I imagine?

Speaking of that where else does KFMB have microwave ENG relay sites? They have Soledad and Miguel for sure, but do they also have Palomar and Woodson? Do stations (KFMB specifically) usually own the microwave sites or lease them out? The sale would include those sites as well or a transfer of lease I imagine?

Mt.Miguel

Mt.Otay

Mt.Soledad

Mt.Woodsen

Mt.Palomar

Mt.Cowles

Mission Valley SDGE tower (unknown status).

Downtown (Central Federal Savings Bldg)...aka former NBC building.

• 1 month later...
An executive of a "certain" TV station group toured the station recently.

This group is already pending an acquisition of a competing station..........

Read into this what you wish, but there are all kinds of folks touring the place right now.

Nameless Engineers show up at all hours, along with "real estate" people...new "vendors" etc..

I can make one promise here...

A few mentioned buyers will have an instant gigantic mess with the IBEW (Union) or NABET/CWA...so big of a mess that they are most likely out of the bidding.

The employees of KFMB that are NOT bought out quietly and quickly, have promised to make the transition very difficult depending on the buyer.

Only 2 viable bidders would be interested in maintaining the levels of staffing as they are, because the product will be absolutely F%$#ed forever if it goes to the nasty few.

You thought 10newsunfair was nasty a few years ago at KGTV???

Wait till "Scorched Earth 2018"...KFMB Red Army Style.

"We got computers...were tapping phone lines...I know that that aint allowed.".......David Byrne

Archived