WUSA New Set

evwalker0901

I like it! It blends the set in a box with elements of Studio 57 from CBSTM. Also, they've modified their logo-- it looks kinda like KUSA's 9, it looks better than the old version-- it doesn't have the rather ugly color pattern, or the wide gaps between the letters and number.

Here is a behind the scenes tour of the new set debuting tomorrow.

That giant curved LED panel in front of the desk is just as impressive as the set design itself. They spared no expense on this upgrade.

If only THAT beautiful new set would be refresh for WFAA, not only for its Victory Park Studio, but for its main studio on Young Street.

How big is the main studio on Young Street compared to the one at Victory Park?

It’s nice to see Tegna actually but some money into WUSA. Despite being in its largest market, WUSA IMO has been treated as a red headed stepchild over the years compared to other stations like WXIA, KUSA and WKYC.

I like it! It blends the set in a box with elements of Studio 57 from CBSTM. Also, they've modified their logo-- it looks kinda like KUSA's 9, it looks better than the old version-- it doesn't have the rather ugly color pattern, or the wide gaps between the letters and number.

That redesigned logo from 2013 was hideous! I’m so glad to see this change. If only it was the square 9..

Yep. A 9 in the pupil of the CBS eye.

A nod to the past....that 9 in an eye hung on the side of Washington's original Broadcast House at 40th and Brandywine. Fun fact, a long time channel 9 employee rescued that sign and it hangs on the side of his home...

Here is a behind the scenes tour of the new set debuting tomorrow.

According to this video, launch time is the 11pm show, although I suspect they may give it a go earlier.

And for your pleasure, here is the time lapse of the new studio build..

It’s nice to see Tegna actually but some money into WUSA. Despite being in its largest market, WUSA IMO has been treated as a red headed stepchild over the years compared to other stations like WXIA, KUSA and WKYC.

I think WXIA get treated like the red headed stepchild as well too. Take WXIA out and put KARE in there. However XIA, KARE, KUSA all been in the family since those Gannett days. WKYC I agree they need to be updated, but from reading WKYC do things different from "the company standard".

As for the set not bad it's different from the "new TEGNA mandate set" like i.e. KING, KHOU, KARE, but the anchor desk is the same for those getting new sets, but I do like the loft look too.

I still believe that TEGNA is still in it to win it. I think the new look for former Belo Stations are too much for the audience in those markets. Belo always had a more consertative look in their stations

sets, apperances, graphics. It was never over the top.

The Channel "9" logo is like WSOC it has the open 9 if anyone notice that.

According to this video, launch time is the 11pm show, although I suspect they may give it a go earlier.

And for your pleasure, here is the time lapse of the new studio build..

I think she was referring to it’s debut on the 11pm show. It debuted at 4:25AM this am

Nice distinctive logo - TEGNA seems to 'get' that lately.

Set is at least less sterile than set in a box, but still has that 'stuck in a corner' feel that looks smaller to the viewer than traditional sets. ABC O&Os still seem to 'get' the theatrical aspect of production value with set design.

Archived