WUSA New Set

evwalker0901

When the Tegna Sets start to come of age for a refresh, I wonder who will break the barrier in the group and install monitors on the anchor desk!

The new KPNX set has monitors on the desk.

500?cb=20180426154357

Their new logo is now posted on their Facebook page.

DANG. That logo is so pretty. I also noticed they have a new slogan, "Real Matters". I LOVE THAT. TEGNA has been on-par with their rebrandings lately.

DANG. That logo is so pretty. I also noticed they have a new slogan, "Real Matters". I LOVE THAT. TEGNA has been on-par with their rebrandings lately.

I think TEGNA suits are reading this forum and hearing our complaints. ;)

I

500?cb=20180426154357

I wish KUSA would simplify down to something like this for their logo.

61qwioILs7L.png

General branding is 9.

News branding: 9 News.

You don't actually need to have 'News' in the station title

It’s nice to see Tegna actually but some money into WUSA. Despite being in its largest market, WUSA IMO has been treated as a red headed stepchild over the years compared to other stations like WXIA, KUSA and WKYC.

Believe me WXIA gets no special treatment from Tegna, if anything they are treated like WUSA's red headed twin

What makes me happiest about this is that the lines of the stem of the 9 almost line up perfectly with the lines in the W

I tried as hard as I could to make that happen, playing with width of the W and the tilt of the stem on the 9 but just couldn't get anything that I liked. Obviously KUSA was the inspiration. I played with a few ideas involving the old square logo from the 80s/90s, but they got a little too "artsy". I'll share them here someday.

This was the original color palette I was envisioning before I was award of the colors Troika had picked:

TX9RY53.png

A little too traditional - wouldn't work with the direction the look and content was going!

Thanks for the kind words.

Believe me WXIA gets no special treatment from Tegna, if anything they are treated like WUSA's red headed twin

I just feel like they get a lot of special treatment and are given things first (e.g. - graphics, new sets) but I guess I’m partial lol.

I just feel like they get a lot of special treatment and are given things first (e.g. - graphics, new sets) but I guess I’m partial lol.

Getting new graphics and new sets first isn't good. That means you're the Guinea Pig. Notice Tegna's 2nd-biggest market station, WUSA, just got their new set and graphics today. And they're saving their biggest market station, WFAA, for last.

Okay. I'm confused. They 'debuted' the new set this morning, but at noon and 5, they were back on the temporary set. What's going on?

The GM decided they didn't like the set and now they're dismantling it. Bye bye!

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, it was probably some technical issue or last second decision to change something. No big deal.

Here is the 5pm open... doesn’t show much of the set. Would love to see an entire newscast.

For some reason they were on the temp set at 5. I’d check out NewsON to see the full a.m. newscast which was on the new set.

The GM decided they didn't like the set and now they're dismantling it. Bye bye!

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, it was probably some technical issue or last second decision to change something. No big deal.

This may have been planned. I was watching a live stream earlier with Melissa Nord at noon yesterday and Andrea Roane mentioned the noon show would be in the old set the rest of the week. Wonder why?

Archived