"Big Changes" coming soon at whatever they're calling WMAQ

24994J

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't they just leave it as NBC 5 News? The website should still be nbc5.com which is what I type in to go there. They need to revamp their newscasts and not have the same anchors at 5, 6, and 10 and get back a newscast at 11am or Noon.

I think the NBC Chicago branding is ridiculous. They need to keep the localism of their individual stations. All of the Fox O&Os look like clones with the same logos and websites. It makes it seem like local identity doesn't matter and the local station is simply an outlet to broadcast and promote network programming.

Quick question...does anyone know why they are out of Studio 5 today? I didn't see enough of the morning show to possibly hear why.

Could this be some tech issues (like has happened in the past), or is it possible that they are doing some renovations?

• 1 month later...

It's so weird seeing these billboards all over the place with most of the ad having the new graphical appearance, but they have the old NBC 5 logo on them. I must've seen like 5 or 6 of these billboards since I came back in town this week.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to crack open an old thread, but a post in today's Feder blog alleges that NBC5 is considering bringing back a newscast at noon. Again, nothing is set in stone, but it would be nice to see the ball start to roll on some changes at 'MAQ!

http://timeoutchicago.com/arts-culture/chicago-media-blog/14871609/nothing-personal-fox-pr-%E2%80%98policy%E2%80%99-ties-down-anchor-davlantes

• 2 months later...

Question: (And correct me if i am wrong) didnt WMAQ bill its newscast long ago NBC NEWS Chicago Report and during the floyd Kalber era (seen on Fuzzy memories and You tube) the WMAQ news was titled NBC NEWS NIGHT REPORT ?? so wouldnt WMAQ be actually embracing its past should this change to just NBC be realized

I'm throwing out this idea without having seen any of it, so I don't know how local the program was...but do I know that Kalber spent some time with NBC News National, so I'm wondering if that was a "syndicated" broadcast, perhaps?

Question: (And correct me if i am wrong) didnt WMAQ bill its newscast long ago NBC NEWS Chicago Report and during the floyd Kalber era (seen on Fuzzy memories and You tube) the WMAQ news was titled NBC NEWS NIGHT REPORT ?? so wouldnt WMAQ be actually embracing its past should this change to just NBC be realized

I had a screencap of an old black and white kinescope of a newscast from that era, and I think I posted it on here once before.

• 1 month later...

WMAO's latest expressway billboards have ditched the pre-Comcast O&O look. I couldn't tell if the new style has anything to do with the new O&O look, but I really hope we can get some new graphics sometime soon. Please freshen up WMAQ!

Edit: It's actually this very same image seen at the end of this post: http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php/topic/11662-new-nbc-artworks-graphics-package/page__view__findpost__p__74258

Archived