WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I know the President spoke today starting sometime in the 11am hour. Don't know what time it ended but it could be possible that that pushed the noon news start time back a little, hence the late weather?

They never push back the Noon newscast. They go until 12:30 then Millionaire. So, maybe they did since they know it will change on Monday but they do not have a history of doing that.

They never push back the Noon newscast. They go until 12:30 then Millionaire. So, maybe they did since they know it will change on Monday but they do not have a history of doing that.

The newscast didn't start till about 12:18 and ended at 12:45. This was not a soft launch just pushed back to do the Abc News Special Report.

I've seen them start late many times due to special reports and they've never extended the newscast but I trust you.

They have done this plenty of times before... Whenever the newscast starts past 12:15, they will push millionaire back to get everything in.

Edit: the most recent time they did something similar was on August 13, when WABC locally broke in before the noon newscast to carry a storm press conference in Suffolk County after the record flooding, and that didn't end until like 12:20. WCBS and WNBC somehow managed to wrap up the noon news in 10 mins, but WABC extended until 12:45

Joe Torres tweeted today that WABC is getting a total newsroom renovation... It definitely needs it, because it looks like most of it is the same from at least 2005

That newsroom looked like it hasn't been touched at all since probably the late 1990s. What renovations they'd done since 2005?

Nevertheless, it's about time.

I once saw a photo, and they have these translucent maps of the Tri-State Area in one area, and one of them still had the 90's EWN logo on them. And I once saw a video on 7Online about an Election, and it featured David Novarro in the newsroom, and as he passed by one pillar, there was what appeared to be some sort of fake movie poster with Roger Grimsby on it. Anyone know anything about that?

Wasn't sure if this should be in it's own thread, but this is for you NY brats, former WABC (now WCVB) anchor Phil Lipof is back on the air after being under the weather for having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. He came back last night to anchor the 11:00 news.

newenglandone.com/news/local-news/item/589-phil-lipof-back-on-wcvb-s-anchor-desk-tonight.html

The 7pm showing isn't going anywhere, but I don't get all this "NEW" "Daytime Jeopardy!" bullshit. It's like they're trying to pass it off as a brand new show, when all it is is just another airing. Whether the 2:30 will be the same-day airing, a rebroadcast from the day before, or a random past episode has yet to determined, but it's going to be the same host, announcer, theme, and answers and question.

When I saw WABC's hourly 12pm yesterday, they stated that the Daytime Jeopardy is playing episodes from the previous season (Season 30). I'd rather for them to do that, instead of airing yesterday's episode at 2:30pm, which I thought that was the case.

Noticed a new WABC promo using the song "Come Get It Bae" by Pharrell Williams.

The voice of the promo sounded like the same guy who voices the Verizon FiOS ads.

Nice music, awful promo.

The promos is just done all wrong and misses an opportunity to use the song and footage in a way that makes sense.

Since the song is called "Come Get It Bae" (bae = slang for "before anyone else" aka a person's significant other) and is upbeat, the promo should have hit primarily on weather, PM traffic, consumer information, happy talk and pop news first then the latest breaking news as a "plus".

Since EWN has the only 4pm news, the VO could've used the tag line "Get it all before anyone else , on eyewitness news first at four"

I know he fills in all of the time for Laura and sometimes Rob, but Anthony Johnson does a great job as sports anchor. If a time comes that Rob moves to news anchor and Laura is moved to weekday sports anchor, Anthony would be a great replacement for the weekend sports anchor spot. He has a perfect, fun personality for it.

Could this be a possibility Rob anchoring at 4, and handling sports for the 6 & 11? I know at KGO they have the sports guy anchoring the 4 pm news and then doing sports for the 6 & 11.

and then where does this put David? I like David at 4, and he has pretty good chemistry with Liz and Lee. When it comes to news anchoring, I'd take David over Rob any day (no offense to Rob, I still think he's a fantastic sports anchor).

and then where does this put David? I like David at 4, and he has pretty good chemistry with Liz and Lee. When it comes to news anchoring, I'd take David over Rob any day (no offense to Rob, I still think he's a fantastic sports anchor).

They can demote him to a reporter/fill-in anchor. I tried several times to watch the 4 with David anchoring but can't watch him idk what is. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but idk just watch an entire show with him anchoring. As for the idea I had for Rob anchoring the 4 that was if David left or got demoted.

They can demote him to a reporter/fill-in anchor. I tried several times to watch the 4 with David anchoring but can't watch him idk what is. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but idk just watch an entire show with him anchoring. As for the idea I had for Rob anchoring the 4 that was if David left or got demoted.

They won't do that... The only time in recent memory a WABC anchor was removed was Steve Bartelstein... The ratings for First at Four continuously improve every sweeps, so they wouldn't fix something that isn't broken...