WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Has anyone else noticed how WABC's live streaming on their website seems to be delayed? I think it's at least 3 minutes behind what I see on our actual TV. Does anyone know why they do this?

All the ABC websites are like that.

All the ABC websites are like that.

Has anyone else noticed how WABC's live streaming on their website seems to be delayed? I think it's at least 3 minutes behind what I see on our actual TV. Does anyone know why they do this?

Yeah I have noticed that and it annoys me to some extent. I'll deal with it, but it's just annoying. But, what do you expect, at least you can stream it, unlike CBS (*cough* *cough*)

• 2 weeks later...

David Novarro & Diana Williams are anchoring together at 6:00 tonight in for Liz & Bill. A different combo...

It was Ken solo at noon, Dave & Lori at 4, Diana & Sandra at 5, and now Dave & Diana at 6. Wonder who'll do the 11....

They've had a lot of anchors off last week continuing to atleast today..

This morning: Rob Nelson and Michelle filled in

At Noon: Michelle was solo

At 4: David with Sandra Bookman

At 5: Sade with Rob Nelson

Guess we'll see who does the 6 for Liz and 11 if Bill is still off but I'm not sure.

Guess we'll see who does the 6 for Liz and 11 if Bill is still off but I'm not sure.

One thing about WABC is that you never know who will be subbing when one anchor is off! They are really the only station in NY that really utilizes all of their talent.

Bill and Sade are on at 11. Did Bill anchor the 6, and if so, with who?

Just want to throw it out there that the current WABC opening, bumper, and closing music turns 15 years old in August... and it still fits perfectly and has a modern sound to it..

It sound is still powerful, to this day. Kudos for Channel 7 for hitting this milestone.

It sound is still powerful, to this day. Kudos for Channel 7 for hitting this milestone.

Not to mention the earlier version of the theme debuted in December of 1994, so make it 20 years of the melody. Well done 7 indeed.

I believe it was August 30, 1999.

Both of those dates fell on a Monday.

It's kind a different now since you now see changes happening the Saturday before sweeps or the Wednesday before or on the first day of sweeps, etc.

I can't believe prior to the end of 1994, they were still using the News Series 2000, Cool Hand Luke theme, after Lalo was "having a baby" about the use of his theme, and wanted more money (even if another composer played his theme).