WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I'm kinda confused as to what was so amazing... It looks pretty normal and standard to me.. I wasn't wowed by anything there. What did baffle me was that this is not a normal thing. What were they doing before that must have been completely outdated to make this so different?

I'm kinda confused as to what was so amazing... It looks pretty normal and standard to me.. I wasn't wowed by anything there. What did baffle me was that this is not a normal thing. What were they doing before that must have been completely outdated to make this so different?

The man and lady sitting at the desk are the weather man and traffic lady. The man and lady doing the weather and traffic are the actual anchors, well Sandra was in for Lori. They did a switch to fool the viewers for April Fools day.

The man and lady sitting at the desk are the weather man and traffic lady. The man and lady doing the weather and traffic are the actual anchors, well Sandra was in for Lori. They did a switch to fool the viewers for April Fools day.

Ah, I gotcha, that worked pretty darn well then. They fooled me.

I was so confused until Ken and Sandra appeared on the screen. That was pretty neat. Just wondering has Bill ever filled in as anchor? He wasn't bad at all.

Not that I'm aware of. I thought Heather wasn't too bad at all, either.

Noticed on the 11pm newscast more camera shots are being framed for 16:9 and the graphics on the video wall behind the anchors is slightly beyond the 4:3 safety.

I'm also surprised not enough people have not complained about those annoying sound effects on the animated video transition between stories to get them to stop using them.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know why they don't play the music during teasers at 5:00? The only time I've heard it lately was when they tease the 6:00 show.. Don't like it

KABC also doesn't play the bumper music during their 11pm news.

I just watched EWN @ 5:00 and I see what you all mean. I personally hate it. If anything, play more music, not less! Good music is a huge factor in how "good" the news is, IMO. And Eyewitness News has a very catchy theme that I'm sure the public hums all of the time if they watch EWN often. Part of the reason that nobody knows PIX, is because they had a stupid theme that is not even really a theme. So, I'm not saying that if you don't have good music, their news product is bad overall, I'm just saying it allows the public to "engage" more in the newscast via good and familiar music, if this makes any sense :wacko:?? . But anyways, long story short, I don't like it.

I just watched EWN @ 5:00 and I see what you all mean. I personally hate it. If anything, play more music, not less! Good music is a huge factor in how "good" the news is, IMO. And Eyewitness News has a very catchy theme that I'm sure the public hums all of the time if they watch EWN often. Part of the reason that nobody knows PIX, is because they had a stupid theme that is not even really a theme. So, I'm not saying that if you don't have good music, their news product is bad overall, I'm just saying it allows the public to "engage" more in the newscast via good and familiar music, if this makes any sense :wacko:?? . But anyways, long story short, I don't like it.

I think it's good to have it so you can tell when it's time for a break and do something else for three minutes. Does it make or break it? No. Is it kinda weird to not have it? Very.

It doesn't make sense. At all.

I think it's good to have it so you can tell when it's time for a break and do something else for three minutes. Does it make or break it? No. Is it kinda weird to not have it? Very.

So the anchor saying "Still ahead on Eyewitness News..." and the graphic saying "Coming up" doesn't alert you that they're going to commercial? Gimme a break.

So the anchor saying "Still ahead on Eyewitness News..." and the graphic saying "Coming up" doesn't alert you that they're going to commercial? Gimme a break.

It does, but it's a little unorthodox to have no music, usually the music will start before the anchor says anything or graphics appear. That's what I am trying to say. They start the music here while still on a two shot of the anchors, then start a tease and graphics. So in that way, yes the music starting is my first clue because it starts FIRST. Not saying what WABC is doing is bad, just quiet.