Today Show viewers!

MorningNews

I have a question for those who watch Today. I normally will check out the show during commercial breaks of Good Morning America and every single time I tune in, Matt Lauer is no where to be found! It's always Willie or David. Does Matt have every other week off?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Matt's on vacation. Just saw a segment on "Extra"... new executive producer Don Nash mentioned graphic and set changes in 2013. Stay tuned...

New graphics? But they just GOT new graphics, whether they be a refresh of the previous package or not. The set is in a dire need of a makeover though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Matt's on vacation. Just saw a segment on "Extra"... new executive producer Don Nash mentioned graphic and set changes in 2013. Stay tuned...

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but this morning on Today they had a new desk. It was a bit bigger than the old, which is good since I thought it was tacky that the two chairs on either end were always sticking out so far from the desk. The desk does look better. It has a white Today logo on the top and a monitor (plasma?) on the front. Jenna Wolf did the news from the main desk and they used OTS graphics, which were new.

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but this morning on Today they had a new desk. It was a bit bigger than the old, which is good since I thought it was tacky that the two chairs on either end were always sticking out so far from the desk. The desk does look better. It has a white Today logo on the top and a monitor (plasma?) on the front. Jenna Wolf did the news from the main desk and they used OTS graphics, which were new.

They've had it for several weeks now, but they only use it on the weekends. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned here before.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New lower thirds this morning. They're a bit more traditional looking.

They look strange. Everything else is the same as it was before, including the ticker/bug. Earlier, they had a double-box, and the new Breaking News banner was almost covering the locator font on the left-side box. Also, the crawl area doesn't line-up with the bottom of the super.

It almost looks like they were built with a change of everything else in mind...and perhaps the return of a right-side time/temp bug.

They're pretty nice, though the proportions of each line seems weird. The bright colors are a nice change and a good base to build around...but, GOOD GOD! Change everything at once, not just one thing at a time!

These are really terrible compared to the last set of L3s. I echo the comments of some others: Things are beginning to look mixed. Why wouldn't they change things all at once? And blue? There's no blue anywhere in the rest of the package.

Archived