Ex-FOX 5 staffer: Poor Decisions Abound At Station

PIXfan

I may not live anywhere close to New York, but I watch WNYW on the FOX East Feed. The newscast just seems unorganized, and as a FOX Fan, it's at the bottom of my good list.

The anchor debacle just adds salt to the wound. I'm not much of an Alexander fan, and would prefer somebody with a little more personality. Dari is like a statue reading a teleprompter.

FOX 5 can't keep "Pluckin' that chicken" at their current state.

As for that article, yup, that's pretty accurate. I've always had that feeling that Ailes and the other bosses in New York are very controlling when it comes to these stations. That's why you see people like Mike Renda and Kingsley Smith going to new stations after destroying their old ones. Or WTXF adding a WWOR guy as their news director when I was hearing for months that GM Dennis Bianchi was bringing in his old GM, Chris Blackman.

And yes, he has favorites. Mike Jerrick was nurtured at Fox News for years, Ailes gave him and Juliet a syndicated morning show, and when that failed he abruptly returned to WTXF and Good Day. Granted, unlike at Fox 5, Jerrick returning was the right call - he has fantastic chemistry with Sheinelle Jones, and of late, Good Day has become a tremendously good show and one of 29's few bright spots.

Uh' date=' pretty sure that wasn't the quote...

He toned it down to a PG.

Actually, this is a good time to ask about our cursing policy. Can we drop F-bombs? Because I hate using the word friggin'.

Actually, this is a good time to ask about our cursing policy. Can we drop F-bombs? Because I hate using the word friggin'.

Actually a huge update to the rules are in progress and will be released soon. Long story short: Yes, but keep it to a minimum.

While Dari is obviously a favorite of the higher ups at Fox, and she is no where near the best, Christina Park would be a much better fit from within, She has improved IMMENSELY over the past 2 weeks with Steve Lacy. I am shocked at how much more personality she has been able to show with Steve, now.

Fox is a very messed up program. My biggest issue with this favoritism at WNYW is not Dari Alexander... It is Juliet Huddy, I know she is not the "official host" of GDWU/EC, but she's been there since October, with no official announcement... But she is AWFUL, says inappropriate things and is over all beyond unprofessional, not to mention annoying! The favoritism is a bigger issue with her!

Dari Alexander is awful. She has no emotions, feelings or life within her and her delivery is too casual. (A talking bubble head teleprompting robot). Linda Schmidt would be a good candidate to replace her. FOX 5 management is a mess.

No. There are a lot of disgruntled current and ex workers from Fox 5 that can''t or couldn't stand the place. I'd venture to guess the article is very accurate and its very hard to find anyone who disagrees with the assessment of Dari

The only reason WPIX is still using their "different" newscasts because WNYW is messing up the lineups to compete with WPIX, and in essence they're losing viewers; plus WWOR is nowhere near WNYW's numbers thanks to FOX, even though WWOR is better (in my opinion) with their newscasts (although I miss when WWOR's newscast was a hour and aired on weekends too).

Dari Alexander is awful. She has no emotions, feelings or life within her and her delivery is too casual. (A talking bubble head teleprompting robot). Linda Schmidt would be a good candidate to replace her. FOX 5 management is a mess.

Absolutely 100%. Everytime I watch 5 (my remote slips) I try to look at Dari's expressions, and her face NEVER MOVES. In 60 minutes the face never makes one muscle move; I've never seen anything like it. And, when the newscast signs off....it's like leaving your in-laws house after a dinner of liver and onions. Eg: Steve Lacy: "Thanks for joining us everyone, and have a good evening. I'm Steve Lacy." Dari: "I'm Dari Alexander. Big Bang next. Night." JEEZ.

That source seems accurate. Dari was a bad anchor at FNC and it has been more of the same at FOX5.

Juliette Huddy was taken off FOX & Friends Weekend and was doing almost nothing on FNC when they moved her to FOX5.

Then you had that goofy situation where Heather Nauert went to FOX5 from FNC. She was the regular co-anchor of GDNY WU and would go back to FNC to co anchor FOX & Friends First so FOX5 had to use a sub for Heather.

Eventually she went back to FNC.

FOX5 may not have officially announced Huddy as the co-anchor of GNDY WU though she did change her twitter handle to @JulietHuddyFox5.

I agree.. Dari is the problem.. Hopefully her contract is up soon and we can say goodbye.. Anyway I can almost garuntee Ernie won't be there much longer he'll either retire or they won't renew his contract.. At that point I think Steve Lacy and Christina Park should get the 5pm and 10pm.. Then they should give the 6pm a make over with 2 anchors (Linda Schmidt and a male anchor try out Joel Waldman or Robert Moses?) then Fox5 in my opinion will be in much better shape.. Either way Steve and Christina should be the head anchors.

I agree.. Dari is the problem.. Hopefully her contract is up soon and we can say goodbye.. Anyway I can almost garuntee Ernie won't be there much longer he'll either retire or they won't renew his contract.. At that point I think Steve Lacy and Christina Park should get the 5pm and 10pm.. Then they should give the 6pm a make over with 2 anchors (Linda Schmidt and a male anchor try out Joel Waldman or Robert Moses?) then Fox5 in my opinion will be in much better shape.. Either way Steve and Christina should be the head anchors.

Steve and Christina would be awesome...in a perfect world, the evening lineups after Ernie is sent off into the sunset and Dari is kicked to the curb would go like:

5: Steve/Christina

5:30:(this is my wish for them to break up the 5 into 2 parts so this and the 6 can have different identities, maybe make it lighter?) Schmidt and Antwan Lewis/Waldman/Moses swap, like one guy every week until they get settled

6:Schmidt/Lewis/Waldman/Moses

10: Steve/Christina

FOX 5 should get rid of Dari, or if they're not going to get rid of her, move her to reporter. Replace her with Sue Simmons, who's a NY news legend in her own right. If not Sue, then lure Kaity Tong away from WPIX and reunite her with Ernie.

FOX 5 should get rid of Dari, or if they're not going to get rid of her, move her to reporter. Replace her with Sue Simmons, who's a NY news legend in her own right. If not Sue, then lure Kaity Tong away from WPIX and reunite her with Ernie

I dont think Fox 5 will ever get rid of Dari, unless she wants out... She's been there with 2006, they always change her partners - not her. She'd never go out into the field...

But, I hope she leaves and Christina Park gets her spot - Christina is phenomenal.

But, like I stated previously, I think Dari has improved with Steve.

Sue did say that she "would (like to) be employed elsewhere, even if it was once a week."

And it would make it easier for her, since her old pal Len Berman does a short sports segment for Channel 5 every week. You never know...

Sue did say that she "would (like to) be employed elsewhere, even if it was once a week."

And it would make it easier for her, since her old pal Len Berman does a short sports segment for Channel 5 every week. You never know...

We can call her segment "The (beep) are you doing?

Speaking of Dari, she came out with a diet and cookbook called "The Quick & Clean Diet: Lose the Weight, Feel Great, and Stay Lean for Life"

http://www.amazon.com/The-Quick-Clean-Diet-Weight/dp/0762781726

So according to the article linked at the top, Dari got moved to Fox5 because she wasn't cutting it at FNC, and she had family connections with Roger Ailes who saved her job by moving her to local news.

So what was the deal with Rick Folbaum? He also got moved to Fox5, anchored there for a while, but is now back on FNC...

This "former colleague" has to be Rick Folbaum... It appears as though who ever made these statements was a fellow anchor of Dari's at WNYW. Greg, Ernie, Steve, (and Christina Park, who frequently fills in) are obviously all still there... Rick is the only other partner she has had.

This "former colleague" has to be Rick Folbaum... It appears as though who ever made these statements was a fellow anchor of Dari's at WNYW. Greg, Ernie, Steve, (and Christina Park, who frequently fills in) are obviously all still there... Rick is the only other partner she has had.

Rick is still employed by the company with his promotion at Fox News.

Archived