New set for Today Show

jtgh922

I think this looks great. It does have an Australian vibe, which is great because those look awesome. And it looks like something from the 90s, which I admit kinda annoyed me, because to me, that sounds like it's ugly, but I'll take it. And the turntable thing is pretty cool.

I'll save more judgment for when the set debuts and is in use.

I think this set will blow GMA's out the water.

And some of the people commenting negatively are just spewing bullsh!t.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of what I've seen reminds me of a hotel lobby or airline VIP lounge--it's stylish and visually appealing and looks comfortable and they're trying to make it feel like home, but it's too perfect and too impersonal to actually feel like anyone's home.

On the 3rd hour of the Today show, Natalie mention how the show is going to look and basically they are doing the CBS This Morning desk and their background is the studio itself and not the window they had over 17 years (meaning they are going to face the window now).

On the 3rd hour of the Today show, Natalie mention how the show is going to look and basically they are doing the CBS This Morning desk and their background is the studio itself and not the window they had over 17 years (meaning they are going to face the window now).

I believe they'll open like that (equivalent of blue shade) and then swing around to be in front of the window later in the show (like lowering blue shade)

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/files/2013/09/NUP_158274_0251.jpg

It sort of looks like the "orange room" is connected to the studio where the interview area was...the new interview area seems moved to the right utilizing the space where the news desk used to be. At least that's what it seems like from the photos and videos I have seen of the set. I said earlier that the studio looks much bigger, if this is the case that the orange room is connected then it really is bigger.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/files/2013/09/NUP_158274_0251.jpg

It sort of looks like the "orange room" is connected to the studio where the interview area was...the new interview area seems moved to the right utilizing the space where the news desk used to be. At least that's what it seems like from the photos and videos I have seen of the set. I said earlier that the studio looks much bigger, if this is the case that the orange room is connected then it really is bigger.

Honestly I think this set is really nice looking (also, yes, looks huge!). So sad it's getting such negative reaction from everyone. I try not to look at their facebook page, however. Too many Ann Curry fans, NBC hating conservatives, and people who are "anti-change." Their new logo which is literally just a glossier orange version of before is getting hate over there because they "removed the peacock." There was no peacock in the previous logo!

The way that the sofa and one-on-one is set out make it look like something is behind the one-on-one as it comes right out in the center and isn't very deep. Perhaps the orange room curves round and also serves as an entrance to the studio rather than the old one behind the news desk?

Honestly I think this set is really nice looking (also, yes, looks huge!). So sad it's getting such negative reaction from everyone. I try not to look at their facebook page, however. Too many Ann Curry fans, NBC hating conservatives, and people who are "anti-change." Their new logo which is literally just a glossier orange version of before is getting hate over there because they "removed the peacock." There was no peacock in the previous logo!

I know, the fact of the matter is that everyone has there own thoughts as to what the set will look like or what they think it should look like, so when they see the actual set(not on air but in a few photos that don't really show the whole thing) they don't like it because it isn't what they were thinking but in a week or two most of them will change their tunes. This always happens with sets it eventually grows on people.

Their new logo which is literally just a glossier orange version of before is getting hate over there because they "removed the peacock." There was no peacock in the previous logo!

The comments are for the Today peacock logo in the collage. So yes, it was not in the previous logo but the comments say they miss the peacock logo, not the peacock in the previous logo (which obviously doesn't exist).

I'm somewhat surprised they went with the orange motif, consider when the old set first debuted they orange highlights on the white set were the first things to go. I'm not terribly impressed, but I've never been terribly impressed by the Today show period.

So from me, it's kinda "meh" putting lipstick on a pig.

I'm somewhat surprised they went with the orange motif, consider when the old set first debuted they orange highlights on the white set were the first things to go. I'm not terribly impressed, but I've never been terribly impressed by the Today show period.

So from me, it's kinda "meh" putting lipstick on a pig.

Hey! I've seen some very ugly pigs. But once you put that lipstick on them, a bit of pancake make-up and stick those little oinkers under the studio low-lights, you have some really nice looking pigs! I don't know about you, but I've dreamed about it.

Walked by the studio today and everything was out in the open as they worked on it. They had NBC Pages sitting at the still-mock desk to help with shot planning.

Few things that were new here...

1. The orange room is TINY - closet sized

2. Behind the interview wall there is actually a doorway that leads to the couch area, and it has a hall table like an entry hallway of a home would, perhaps this is where guests will come out onto the stage

3. The video panel that makes up part of the wall of the interview area had a NY skyline shot on it, which was a nice touch and homage to previous sets

4. They gained additional room by not having a news desk, though some of that gain was lost by having the rotating floor

I'm not sure but does anyone know when they open the show monday morning (and every morning after) if they are facing the window with the set as their background...Im guessing the blue wall era is now over.

Yep, they are facing the window now! Natalie said it on Friday. I assume they'll rotate in front of it later on in the show.

Hey! I've seen some very ugly pigs. But once you put that lipstick on them, a bit of pancake make-up and stick those little oinkers under the studio low-lights, you have some really nice looking pigs! I don't know about you, but I've dreamed about it.

It's gonna take a lot of pancake make-up.

Archived