New set for Today Show

jtgh922

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them too, but looking at the title again makes me think that they may just be for the 10am hour

Yeah, but look at some of the other Artworks videos...

http://vimeo.com/72856437

http://vimeo.com/73777633

I like this A LOT. The blue is done very well, and I intrigued by the new 3-rayed monochromatic sunrise logo.

A few years ago, NBC moved their peacock bug to the left side of the screen for everything... primetime, news, sports, etc.

Looking at the lower-third in that video, I wonder if they're moving it back to the right.

They. Look. NICE!!!!

Looks like a combination of Today's and Sunrise's graphics from Australia.

Yes! I was thinking this too actually! Newscaststudio compared them to GMA because of the color scheme, something else I noted as well, but these actually look pretty nice and professional. The full screen graphic animation sort of...i dont know...hurts my eyes or something, but it's still nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the U3.

Agreed. I also think that overall both the L3 and U3 are too large. They could be shrunk down a little bit.

My source close to the show says there shouldn't be a musical change but in fact the current music was meant to debut with this new look and that everything has been designed around it. Supposedly there will be new bumpers, but in the current style and shorter stinger versions of the theme.

I don't know how accurate this information is as my source could be saying this so that any leak is wrong, or could be totally correct. Who knows until tomorrow (yes?).

I haven't seen Meet The Press in a while so I'm not sure if this is new but they're using graphics that are different than the last time I saw them... and the NBC and MTP logos are on the right side.

That's news to me.

Tomorrow is the big day and I can't wait! It'll be my first time watching the Today show in over 2 years at the beginning and then I'll turn back within 10 minutes to watch the other two. I just want to see how the set is going to look like and what the direction of the show is going to be like. We will see tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the big day and I can't wait! It'll be my first time watching the Today show in over 2 years at the beginning and then I'll turn back within 10 minutes to watch the other two. I just want to see how the set is going to look like and what the direction of the show is going to be like. We will see tomorrow...

I don't think tomorrow is the launch day...

I dont think the new set is launching today. Watching WNBC a camera shot of 30 Rock was on the screens behind Darlene and Michael and the Studio1A windows seemed to still be covered.

EDIT: According to Matt and Savanna at the start of the show the new set is now coming next Monday.

I guess NBC is finally doing damage control a year after Ann Curry was ousted as Today's co-host in Esquire magazine. The interview was okay but it's wasn't the way NBC should have handled things from the beginning. What I learn in this business of television, is telling the truth works far more better than telling a lie, because lying can make things worst. If NBC would have owned up to their decision, the back lashed wouldn't have happen this way to both Matt and Today show itself.

Posted to Savannah Guthrie's twitter. The top image is a little section of the studio. I'm saving opinion until I see it in action...

I will try to as well, but for now my initial thoughts are "CBS This Morning inspired," "New Day inspired" "wood panels? sighhugh"

Yikes - black iron bars??

Guess there are screens behind them.

Hope this doesn't go down like the set in 1990 which was a disaster in my book. And we were stuc with the remnants of that for 16 years.

I think they're supposed to be window's or something...

Today just did a segment welcoming Carson Daly to the show, hosting something called "The Orange Room" which will "connect the show and the audience like never before". It seems like some sort of social media initiative. I got some caps (sorry about the quality, they're from an on-line stream).

New Logo

9728516867_f1ba2b3e75_b.jpg

Some studio shots

9731753310_ddece2545a_b.jpg

9728522863_0d6aa6e07b_b.jpg

9731750896_921c6a64bc_b.jpg

9731745216_277ac2e0b2_b.jpg

9731747136_0f95c078d5_b.jpg

Archived