New set for Today Show

jtgh922

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way that sounds, it sounds like GMA wasn't making up its mind, not Today.

GMA had their first real new set in 2011 when they moved most of the show upstairs, then a few months later when they moved the show mostly downstairs. Both weren't necessarily their decisions but ABC's choice not to rent out both floors full time.

• 1 month later...

Here's a picture of the desk, the article I read said that they're moving to their temporary set in August. Does anyone think they'll go in the first or just sometime in August? Rockefeller center, where they had the temp set last time they got a new set, has the farmers market right there right now. Thoughts?

image.jpg.910222fa7eb83e8fc001def5a96b96f3.jpg

Here's a picture of the desk, the article I read said that they're moving to their temporary set in August. Does anyone think they'll go in the first or just sometime in August? Rockefeller center, where they had the temp set last time they got a new set, has the farmers market right there right now. Thoughts?

I would imagine they would try to get the full set done before October, or the end of September too for that matter, so I suspect that yes, it'll be sometime in the first week of August so that it can be done by the end of August/beginning of September.

As for where they'll be...I'm sure the farmer's market could easily be moved by then, or they'll just find somewhere else within NBC News to do the show. Perhaps the former Rock Center set?

Well the second week, but the first full week, of the month is almost done and they're still on their normal set, (for now at least). I doubt they will shift to their temporary over this weekend, but I'll be slightly surprised if they wait as long as the week of the 19th to do anything.

BREAKING: TVNewser has word that the new Today set will debut on SEPTEMBER 9TH. There will also be MORE NEW GRAPHICS.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/new-today-set-to-debut-september-9_b191540

Of course, for the time being, the show will broadcast from the plaza.

Damn! You beat me too it! (by a long shot too). and it's also a damn good thing about the graphics. What they have now was an absolutely horrendous update! Although, the "a lot more bells and whistles to play with" concerns me a tad bit.

Plus, just a fair warning, but don't read the comments on any TVNewser article. Ever.

Damn! You beat me too it! (by a long shot too). and it's also a damn good thing about the graphics. What they have now was an absolutely horrendous update! Although, the "a lot more bells and whistles to play with" concerns me a tad bit.

Plus, just a fair warning, but don't read the comments on any TVNewser article. Ever.

Agreed on the TVNewser comments. When you read them, you die a little inside.

I think the whole 3rd hour format is interesting. I like Natalie and Willie together and I think the third hour can be stronger if they brand it as something different than Today's first 2 hours and the 4th hour, as they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

have they been working on the set yet? During the tenth hour they started the show on the main level and it was shot today so have they started yet?

Hard to say what's going on with the 10:00 hour. From what I observed in the outside shots of Studio 1A, the windows on the ground level had been tarped off.

That seems to have been a coincidence. This little behind the scenes bit was featured today. They say 1A was supposed to be done by now, then we get to go on a single shot steadicam up the two (!) staircases to the upstairs studio.

http://www.today.com/klgandhoda/klg-hoda-get-locked-out-studio-1a-8C11065795

There seems to be some bad audio issues during this entire segment, which makes wonder if they didn't plan on using the upstairs studio and this was a "last minute" thing...

From the post on the second page and this article says the new set is suppose to debut on September 9th. So.. I think Kathy and Hoda are a little mistaken or this was all for show to explain why they aren't in studio 1A. Which would explain the hardhats and the audio Issues could be because they are out of range. As soon as they step on the set it is fine.

From the post on the second page and this article says the new set is suppose to debut on September 9th. So.. I think Kathy and Hoda are a little mistaken or this was all for show to explain why they aren't in studio 1A. Which would explain the hardhats and the audio Issues could be because they are out of range. As soon as they step on the set it is fine.

Well it could be that the set was supposed to be physically done being built by now, with the remaining time to be used for rehearsals and general playing around with it, but that's not the case anymore since the set isn't "done" yet.

Archived