New set for Today Show

jtgh922

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks incredibly like a lifestyle show on HGTV or like they're trying to copy one of Australia's morning show programs. The main news set, aside from that gigantic monitor ribbon across the top, doesn't really look any different to me. At all. Plus, that couch setup looks incredibly freakin' odd to me for some reason. I'm heavily inclined to say that a lot of it looks like their 90's set if it were to be refreshed. I certainly hope that there's a lot more here than what meets the eye.

Well since it is "technically" not finish I will not say nothing about the set because many stations change the set constantly until they officially debut.

It debuts in 4 days. I doubt that there are very many changes left they could make to it so close to launch.

I'm definitely getting an Australian vibe from the set. That's not necessarily a bad thing either. I'm intrigued by what I'm seeing so far. I was never a big fan of the last set (though I eventually warmed up to parts of it), so this could be a welcome change for me.

Parts of this set look very good to me. Seems really interesting that the anchor area is on a lazy susan rotating thing. I'm most curious about what the "blue wall" will look like--if they'll even have one!

I think what's really making the set seem old and dated already is the dominant orange color around the set and those odd iron grids that we're assuming are supposed to be windows...namely those little "window" things. I think that if they got rid of those and didn't have orange be so prominent that it might feel better to all of us. Also, home base doesn't seem to match the rest of the set AT ALL! If they had made the rest of the set match home base or home base match the rest of the set, we might also feel a tad bit better about it.

Either way though, even from the TVNewser comments, the general reaction so far is pretty negative and a rejection of it. NBC News and 'Today' might have screwed up here.

I can't be the only only one that actually really likes it, am I? Not thinking "dated" like everyone else. Just because it isn't blue and white doesn't make it dated. Let's see it in action, on Monday, still looking forward to that!.

Don't worry your not. I love how worked up people are getting about this...we haven't even seen this on air yet and in the home base photo the anchor desk isn't even there and how many sets have we seen that we didn't like but later grew on us...I say wait till we see it on Monday Ina cation to say we do or don't like it.

Don't worry your not. I love how worked up people are getting about this...we haven't even seen this on air yet and in the home base photo the anchor desk isn't even there and how many sets have we seen that we didn't like but later grew on us...I say wait till we see it on Monday Ina cation to say we do or don't like it.

Right? People on facebook are all worked up over "the picture of the tree" which is really just a filler pic on the monitor. I could see some orange leaving over the next few weeks, but it looks so much more versatile than before.

I can't be the only only one that actually really likes it, am I? Not thinking "dated" like everyone else. Just because it isn't blue and white doesn't make it dated. Let's see it in action, on Monday, still looking forward to that!.

I agree. While there are aspects like some of the furniture that look kind of "throwback," I've found that people often use the term "dated" to mean simply "I don't like it."

And let's not forget how jarring the last set change was. I remember everyone using terms like "sterile" and "cold." This definitely isn't that.

The video gives the idea that the side windows aren't going to be uses anymore. The sofa area also seems to be right against the back wall rather than at an angle, which may mean the stage door will be dressed as a set piece. I like the idea of KLG and Hoda coming from the one on one set, hope their music doesn't change though. I like Al's weather monitor with the single pillar. Hopefully the lazy susan is moving during the open, much like the UK Sky news used to do.

Someone took the "make it more like home" too literally with the gabled roof motif.

It is more home-like than anything they've had in a long time. But a lot of orange there. I will give a plus to making one chair of the interview area have some open space behind it so the shot of the subject will have more focus and the background will have more depth.

I'm heavily inclined to say that a lot of it looks like their 90's set if it were to be refreshed. I certainly hope that there's a lot more here than what meets the eye.

I forgot how that 90s set had the black outlined 'windows' with the morning landscape images...

Archived