New set for Today Show

jtgh922

I agree. That vertical video wall thing in the middle should just be used for graphics though. The illusion they're trying to create of a continuous window in the corner has never worked right. Its so distracting to watch it and see things twice (ex: the car in the picture above driving from 2 angles). I say just throw up a graphic loop and it'd be so much better.

I agree. I was going a bit mad trying to figure out what the heck was going on in the center there.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radom - But I watched Weekend Today yesterday, and it is such a better show than Weekday today. Lester Holt, Erica Hill, Thomas Roberts and Dylan Dryer are actually so much better to watch than the weekday team. Seems more professional when it needs to be, but it also seems like the anchors on the weekend actually like each other.

Speaking of improvements, for the first time in a while, TODAY gained the most viewers out of all morning programs. They were up 15% in total viewers, and 19% in the demo. Obviously, they are still second to GMA by 800,000, but who knows what the future holds?

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that it was premiere week and it will go back to normal within the next 2 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that it was premiere week and it will go back to normal within the next 2 weeks.

GMA used to do that every year for like a decade, make big gains in August and early September, only to fall back to Earth once the fall season began.

Here's what TVNewser posted today about the morning show ratings...

It was another close week in the ratings for the network morning shows, with NBC’s “Today” finishing fewer than 20,000 viewers behind ratings leader “Good Morning America” in the demo last week. :awesome: ABC’s “GMA” led the way in total and demo viewers, with “Today” placing second, and in the case of the demo a very close second. “CBS This Morning” placed third.

Compared to the same week last year, ABC and NBC were up in both total and demo viewers, while “CTM” was up in total viewers, but down slightly in the demo.

The averages for the week of October 7, 2013:

• Total Viewers: ABC: 5.451M / NBC: 4.751M / CBS: 2.902M

• A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.989M / NBC: 1.970M / CBS: 997K

Actually I remember GMA making gains once the Fall TV season began only to fall back. I take ratings growth with a grain of salt because in another week that gap could be back at nearly 200,000 viewers. TVNewser seems to exaggerate premature gains I mean how long has CBS This Morning been posting big gains according to them?

• 2 weeks later...

Today Savannah Guthrie was in Los Angelos, after being on Jay Leno last night. And when the time came for "What's Trending Today" the anchors were positioned just like normal, but Savannah's spot was left blank. And then...she appeared on the monitor...appearing to be sitting at the desk where she normally would be. I can't decide if I like it...your thoughts?

(sorry, the picture is blurry)

00d1593c3b1e11e3bfbf22000ae903cc_8.thumb.jpg.385f3bf9d7995c14a7fb94f31ce265ea.jpg

Today Savannah Guthrie was in Los Angelos, after being on Jay Leno last night. And when the time came for "What's Trending Today" the anchors were positioned just like normal, but Savannah's spot was left blank. And then...she appeared on the monitor...appearing to be sitting at the desk where she normally would be. I can't decide if I like it...your thoughts?

(sorry, the picture is blurry)

maxresdefault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

have they updated the upstairs studio?

They have not. They rarely use any part of it besides the kitchen though. I was really hoping that they would at least make updates to the kitchen so it matches the down stairs part of the set. They just don't need to use the others parts, it's eaiser and cheaper that way.

And for those saying Today is coming back... its looks like that progress has all gone back to nothing again... GMA Delivers Most-Watched Week Since February http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/11/gma-is-1-for-the-week-10/

I don't remember anyone saying Today ever coming back on top, but that's just a PR from ABC News, which probably means nothing more than bragging. Also, ABC's PR are always saying their show are #1 some demo or are gaining in ratings in a demo or something. It's just their way of saying "Our show has a lot of viewers somewhere, and we're VERY proud of it."

Also we pretty much knew that GMA would still be on top, highest ratings or no. Oh, and their celebrity fluff crap they keep stuffing down our throats for the past few months.

But anyway, congrats to everyone at GMA.

I don't remember anyone saying Today ever coming back on top, but that's just a PR from ABC News, which probably means nothing more than bragging. Also, ABC's PR are always saying their show are #1 some demo or are gaining in ratings in a demo or something. It's just their way of saying "Our show has a lot of viewers somewhere, and we're VERY proud of it."

Also we pretty much knew that GMA would still be on top, highest ratings or no. Oh, and their celebrity fluff crap they keep stuffing down our throats for the past few months.

But anyway, congrats to everyone at GMA.

I agree that ABCs PR is notorious for spin but TVNewser even bragged that GMA crushed the competition more than normal that week. Also just stop please for the love of God just stop trying to assert that TODAY has less celebrity lifestyle segments than GMA or any other program for that matter. That sad excuse has never been true and still isn't now.

Archived