KNSD to leave Downtown San Diego in 2016

1place4news

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty crazy eh?

Happy News Year A3N!

Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well. Here's to another year of craziness and talking San Diego tv!

Does KNSD still own the small part of land that they store their ENG and Satellite trucks on, right next to their old studios?

I thought they were leasing that small portion.

• 5 weeks later...
I was just doing some digging and learned that KNSD will have two studios in it's new building, according to the project description on their construction company's website.

http://www.dempseyconstructioninc.com/nbc7

Very interesting. I know this is different from set renderings that appear before the set launches but I think this is a bit different. Here the contractor is just giving an overall description for the product. For all we know the second studio could be for their CSD to maybe start producing outside advertisements or if we want to get to speculatron territory operating a Telemundo affiliate by ownership or LMA.

Very interesting. I know this is different from set renderings that appear before the set launches but I think this is a bit different. Here the contractor is just giving an overall description for the product. For all we know the second studio could be for their CSD to maybe start producing outside advertisements or if we want to get to speculatron territory operating a Telemundo affiliate by ownership or LMA.

I speculated about them bringing in the Telemundo affiliation in house, but it would take years for that to happen. More than likely, that second studio will probably be used for commercial production, and/or as a secondary studio to back up the main one.

There are some pics from the newsroom in this thread, just go a page or two back and you will see them.

Telemundo is the step child in SD since their newscasts are pre taped.

With the XHAS and KBNT Duopoly, Entravision focuses more on Univision.

KNSD had a Spanish newscast "Mi San Diego." but the budget cuts eliminated that.

• 2 weeks later...
Telemundo is the step child in SD since their newscasts are pre taped.

With the XHAS and KBNT Duopoly, Entravision focuses more on Univision.

KNSD had a Spanish newscast "Mi San Diego." but the budget cuts eliminated that.

That and it's aimed at Tijuana...

I'm surprised it's taped, but not surprised it's considered the stepchild in Entravision SD. From the looks of this clip, they have a virtual set for T33 (look at the front edge of the desk)..

I'm surprised it's taped, but not surprised it's considered the stepchild in Entravision SD. From the looks of this clip, they have a virtual set for T33 (look at the front edge of the desk)..

When they expanded the news to 5:30pm, the first half hour was dedicated to news from Tijuana, and the 6pm half hour was focused on San Diego. In the last 4 months or so, they've dropped that aim, and just started mixing stories from both sides of the border for the whole hour. Just within the last few weeks, Martin Borchadt is solo anchoring the 6pm portion, while Adriana Rodriguez does the 5:30. One of my pet peeves is that COX doesn't have Telemundo in HD.

As for KNSD... Dagmar mentioned on her facebook page that she might be able to wear green dresses again when they move into their new building. I'm guessing that they're going to eliminate the green screen and do weather from a monitor wall like KNTV. Which the above picture looks like it could be used for weather...

It's been a while since I've seen an XHAS newscast. They had a desk on the side of the KBNT Desk which is why they were taped and can't air at the same time. Looks like they had to make room for a virtual set since they expanded. So are they still taped?

It's been a while since I've seen an XHAS newscast. They had a desk on the side of the KBNT Desk which is why they were taped and can't air at the same time. Looks like they had to make room for a virtual set since they expanded. So are they still taped?

I noticed at the end of the Youtube clip they have a segment "En Vivo" (live) with a reporter in Tijuana. So either T33 is live, or Entravision is playing fast and loose on what's "live".

I noticed at the end of the Youtube clip they have a segment "En Vivo" (live) with a reporter in Tijuana. So either T33 is live, or Entravision is playing fast and loose on what's "live".

I believe they're live. About a year ago +, they started introducing elements of the virtual set and Martin was in Tijuana and Adriana was in San Diego. Then they dropped Adriana as a co-anchor, but stopped mentioning where Martin was. The place is a mess, run on the cheap. They only recently got the ability to do live hits and that's because they invested in those LiveU backpacks- and their live reports are done in Tijuana, nothing from San Diego as far as I can tell.

These are the same people that dub in the sound of a 1950's era Bell 47 helicopter(TV show MASH type helo) over all the Chopper 8 footage (same with KBNT)...so "fast and loose" doesn't apply only to the WX Hunnies.

Se ya at Adalita's hombres!

These are the same people that dub in the sound of a 1950's era Bell 47 helicopter(TV show MASH type helo) over all the Chopper 8 footage (same with KBNT)...so "fast and loose" doesn't apply only to the WX Hunnies.

Se ya at Adalita's hombres!

Stay for the donkey show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sure all this green energy saving stuff will boost the ratings. Drip irrigation is good for a couple points during the 11pm newscast.

Way to go KNSD...

Promote the building...not the newscast...or the ability to gather news any better.

That 4K monitor will be great showing highly compressed 4K video...

Do they even have the 4K cameras?

Nice pretty shots....of a big empty newsroom.

Everyone got laid off...or fired.

Maybe get some of those Tegna retirees to sit-in during the newscast as extras, of get some inflateble people from Amazon.com

Archived