Winter Storm "Janus" Coverage

NYNewsCoverage

Wow. A lot can happen in 24 hours. The forecast in NYC for just a few flurries appears to have turned into nearly a foot of snow. As you can imagine, all NYC stations are going into storm mode once again. WNBC will be starting at 4AM tomorrow along with WPIX (who normally starts at 4AM). So far, every other station is starting at regular time tomorrow (Tuesday). Ironically, a lot of the chief meteorologists and weathercasters are off for NYC stations. Jeff Smith is in for Lee at WABC, Audrey Puente is in for Nick at WNYW, and Elise Finch was in for Lonnie at WCBS. However, as of the 9:00 on WLNY, Lonnie is back. Looks like a big storm is on our hands. Here you can post info. about NYC stations' coverage of the storm.

Ironically, a lot of the chief meteorologists and weathercasters are off for NYC stations. Jeff Smith is in for Lee at WABC, Audrey Puente is in for Nick at WNYW, and Elise Finch was in for Lonnie at WCBS. However, as of the 9:00 on WLNY, Lonnie is back.

Lee is back for the 11 tonight. So Lonnie and Lee have both returned from somewhere to cover the storm.

On a side note, maybe we should just start a NY Storm Coverage thread because I feel like we have a new thread for every snow storm...

Not necessarily on here (well, kinda), but I love how the storms only become serious and nameworthy when they begin to approach the East coast.

This one really kind of blew up. They were just calling it part of a "clipper parade" but when Winter Storm Watches began being issued for the I-95 corridor, they went and named it at the top of the 2pm hour.

Though I agree. Blizzard Warnings were issued for the midwest over the weekend - shouldn't that have been Winter Storm Janus/Winter Storm Janis?

Lee is back for the 11 tonight. So Lonnie and Lee have both returned from somewhere to cover the storm.

On a side note, maybe we should just start a NY Storm Coverage thread because I feel like we have a new thread for every snow storm...

I agree with you- I just couldn't find a spot anywhere else to talk about this storm. I am new to this site, so I'll have to look to see how I can create a new thread. For now, I guess we'll just have to continue with this thread.

WNYW still is airing "Dr. Oz". Expecting a foot where I am!

When you do get it, I'd call a podiatrist before Dr. Oz.

[yt]9CdVTCDdEwI[/yt]

I'm here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses.

WABC is very smart and has 1 driver, 1 camera man and the reporter in the passenger seat.

I know, I said that exact statement as I was watching. Unlike WCBS, who has the reporter driving and talking at the same time (not sure about WNBC). That's exactly why WABC is #1. They definitely deserve to be! By the way, if you see the reporter doing the driving and reporting thing on WPIX and WNYW, I would appreciate it if you could just say that here. Thanks so much.

WLNY had news 7am and CBS This Morning at 8am.

Bill and Amy were on WABC this morning. Amy was doing reports outside the studio 4am-6am then they switched places for 6am.

Just Curious (didn't watch), did WCBS have local coverage all morning, or did CBS this morning air at 8AM on WCBS, or WLNY? Or did the couch only run for an hour? Thanks

Just Curious (didn't watch), did WCBS have local coverage all morning, or did CBS this morning air at 8AM on WCBS, or WLNY? Or did the couch only run for an hour? Thanks

Both WABC and WCBS did the 8-9am hour local. I think WABC went to GMA in the 7am hour but I also believe WCBS did local during 7am hour.

Archived