Scripps - General Discussion

ns8401
Message added by Weeters,

Thread Note: Since Scripps has indicated they intend to run ION Media as a separate entity from their existing (mostly) news-producing stations, ION discussion has been relocated to a new thread.

[MEDIA=twitter]795844207692824576[/MEDIA]

I don't even know what to say, except more of the same stupid sh*t coming out of KGTV...

Not sure why a reporter would need a bullet proof vest to do a live shot, but I digress...

• Like 2

[MEDIA=twitter]795844207692824576[/MEDIA]

I don't even know what to say, except more of the same stupid sh*t coming out of KGTV...

Not sure why a reporter would need a bullet proof vest to do a live shot, but I digress...

I would honestly say something...but I don't need the FBI at my door later today.

Previewing a stand-up...waste of electrons....and count Mendes as one of the crappy 10 latest hires.

• Like 2

I'll admit I'm sort-of-curious. Is he doing a live shot from a turf war in Mt. Hope or something?

Don't you love the managers who declare "Active! Props! Live shots need more energy!" That worked so well for that station in Greensboro in which the reporter decided to use the handcuffs. The viewers aren't leaving television news because we don't use enough props.

• Like 2

I'll admit I'm sort-of-curious. Is he doing a live shot from a turf war in Mt. Hope or something?

Don't you love the managers who declare "Active! Props! Live shots need more energy!" That worked so well for that station in Greensboro in which the reporter decided to use the handcuffs. The viewers aren't leaving television news because we don't use enough props.

It's a story about the Sheriffs dept wanting new vest, pretty straight forward story that just had to be "jazzed up" by a shaky shot sans tripod.

I call it...

"Mexican EarthQuake Cam".....the shot just wanders...and wanders....

Oh, and Matt looked just adorable in his friends vest.

• Like 3

It's a story about the Sheriffs dept wanting new vest, pretty straight forward story that just had to be "jazzed up" by a shaky shot sans tripod.

I call it...

"Mexican EarthQuake Cam".....the shot just wanders...and wanders....

Oh, and Matt looked just adorable in his friends vest.

Jeez. And the prop was needed, why?... I shudder to think what they will do if they have a story to cover involving sex or guns. Are they going to use props for those as well?

And yet they wonder why they're in the toilet.

Jeez. And the prop was needed, why?... I shudder to think what they will do if they have a story to cover involving sex or guns. Are they going to use props for those as well?

If it's about guns....I hope it's not a prop. (emoji banned)

• Like 2

Well Mendes has been shamed by FTVlive...

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2016/11/9/more-props-please

• Like 1

Can anyone say Cracked weekdays at 4?

In San Diego it's called The Now...

Just ad a few red noses that honk...and some scary digital clown drawings that scare the mommies....just like The Now.

How many The Now/ Cracked spin-off's can YOU create?

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned in the shoutbox that WMAR has a new vehicle creatively dubbed the "ABC2News Jeep Wrangler". Anyway it doesn't look like it's any specially customized truck from Frontline or Accelerated rather it looks like it came off the lot. The only customizations were some decals on the hood and doors saying it's a "live news vehicle" and they had someone insert a customer grille showing the Maryland flag (we love our flags here).

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=709533709196348

Today in eye-rolling Scripps land:

How not to use an ad in a weather forecast... it's down there in the corner next to the bug the whole weathercast, even covering the radar... so far it's isolated to their 10pm on WMYD. That bug is so big it covers the bottom of the last two days on their 10-Day forecast too.

Incidentally the weather logo at the top STILL has the glossy abc logo and is a very fuzzy 720p like the old Scripps package. They say little things (like paying attention) go a long way to making things better...

IMG_0015.thumb.JPG.c6072bfb712746f64a8d541f13445b7d.JPG

How not to use an ad in a weather forecast... it's down there in the corner next to the bug the whole weathercast, even covering the radar... so far it's isolated to their 10pm on WMYD. That bug is so big it covers the bottom of the last two days on their 10-Day forecast too.

Incidentally the weather logo at the top STILL has the glossy abc logo and is a very fuzzy 720p like the old Scripps package. They say little things (like paying attention) go a long way to making things better...

[ATTACH=full]3513[/ATTACH]

I like this subject...

Here is the Eye Rolling Scripps "Active Stand-up" of the day...

Don't try this at home kids, and get your parents permission before using a Bic lighter on TV.

http://www.10news.com/news/san-diego-family-fights-flesh-eating-bacteria

[ATTACH=full]3513[/ATTACH]

If you think that's bad, KGTV still has that same glossy ABC logo plastered on the front monitor of the anchor desk- 2 or 3 years after it was updated...

If you think that's bad, KGTV still has that same glossy ABC logo plastered on the front monitor of the anchor desk- 2 or 3 years after it was updated...

Exactly?!? What is up with that? Actually, Ive seen the monitor updated with the new pearl version of the ABC logo on the weekend newscast a little time ago, I think Preston Philips was still there, but somehow they reverted back to the older logo since then. Typical KGTV.

Now what's up with this hiring freeze? The station has yet to hire a weekend anchor and weekend weather anchor person.

Exactly?!? What is up with that? Actually, Ive seen the monitor updated with the new pearl version of the ABC logo on the weekend newscast a little time ago, I think Preston Philips was still there, but somehow they reverted back to the older logo since then. Typical KGTV.

Now what's up with this hiring freeze? The station has yet to hire a weekend anchor and weekend weather anchor person.

They have the correct logo on the weather desk monitor. Go figure.

And yup, you're correct on the hiring freeze. FTVLive mentioned something about that a few weeks ago. And this month marks a year since Preston left, and the position still hasn't been filled--Dont think it will since they took down the job opening and the weather anchor opening a few months ago.