New Set at WPIX

NYNewsCoverage

Will there be the "window" look behind them? Probably. But I think it will be different,

I think all efforts will fall short of what WNBC has. They did it really well and I don't see any competition even coming close to as realistic a "window" as they have it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all efforts will fall short of what WNBC has. They did it really well and I don't see any competition even coming close to as realistic a "window" as they have it.

I couldn't say it better myself. I will say WCBS noon image is as the kids say "clutch"

When they used the view from the Top of the Rock, absolutely - but they seem to have dropped that in favour of the street-level view of Rock Center, which isn't anywhere near as impressive. I'd say there's everything to play for.

Scott Stanford just now on twitter

https://twitter.com/scottstanford1/status/585607708365221888

https://twitter.com/scottstanford1/status/585605178776281089

Seems like the new set will debut on Monday like I first guessed. But wow, that set looks about 1000 times better and more professional than what they just came off of!

It reminds me of WNBC's old set in a way, the one used in this video

...wow, that set looks about 1000 times better and more professional than what they just came off of!

I'll say! The screens and duratrans alone got me excited. Also, that desk at the side of the first picture looks very nice. I can't wait to see the rest of it (along with the rest of the new digs) next Monday.

I'll say! The screens and duratrans alone got me excited. Also, that desk at the side of the first picture looks very nice. I can't wait to see the rest of it (along with the rest of the new digs) next Monday.

That desks may be the "sports desk".. But the set is really nice. Wow. Good for PIX I also wonder if where scott is standing will also serve has the main part of the set?

The 'PIX 11 News at 6' may debut as early as Friday according to Locate TV and my local Optimum TV guide. It shows Tamsen and John anchoring. Too bad if true, I thought they would get new anchors for the show.

Why hire 2 new anchors to anchor a 30 minute show when they can just save money and have the 5 & 10 pm anchors handle the 6 pm duties as well. Now if PIX had a midday newscast 11 am or 12 noon I could see the need to hire 2 new anchors to anchor the midday show and either 5 or 6.

The 'PIX 11 News at 6' may debut as early as Friday according to Locate TV and my local Optimum TV guide. It shows Tamsen and John anchoring. Too bad if true, I thought they would get new anchors for the show.

i looked at tv guide on either setting from cable to satellite there's nothing on that

Xfintiy says April 20th Monday

Yeah to add to all the confusion, my optimum guide (which changed to say PIX News at 6pm starting on Friday yesterday) now changed to say "Two and a Half Men" in that 6-6:30 time slot. Also, TVGuide has the PIX News at 6PM launching on April 20th as well. Locate TV has not changed from yesterday and still has the PIX News at 6pm debuting this Friday. Since I haven't heard anything from the station, I'm assuming it won't debut until Monday, April 20th.

What part of the old set did Sports Desk come from? In Scott Stanford's photo it looks like they've moved the main anchor desk (if that's what it is) out of the area with the screen and duratrans to make room. But if that area is still home base they'd have to transform it between the end of the 10pm news and the start of Sports Desk every night, which sounds unlikely. So still no idea whether that area will still be home base.

Also there was talk of an 'expanded' set - but so far all the areas we've seen were part of the old set. Hopefully this means there are a few surprises in store...

PIX11 just tweeted that their getting new graphics too tonight at 5!

Also, I'm still not convinced that the news at 6pm debuts tonight. All guides now say next Monday. But we'll find out sooner or later.

Saw the tweet. Seems like the morning show might have a different look than the 5 and 10

I love the bezel-less screens behind the anchors. Not much of a "window", but great nonetheless. Also, the desk looks great, even if it looks more of use for the Sports Desk.

As for the graphics, they look fantastic with its flat and basic style, but IMO I like the last package by a hair. I will enjoy these more as time goes by. And the open is really nice, the NYC skyline does not look too shabby.

Great change up for WPIX.

Bye bye plasmas! This looks great - finally a really professional look for the channel.

The new graphics look a million times better on screen than they did in that leaked demo, and the set basically looks exactly like I hoped it would.

Archived